Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern's October 2021 Operations Session

This coming weekend, 15-17 Oct is the scheduled October Operations session…

We would appreciate that if you are coming, please respond with a RSVP so we have an idea as

to how many folks to expect… Much appreciated, Thanks…

Good lord will and the crik don’t rise, I plan to be there.

Will be stopping by on Sunday.

Joyce said she wanted to come , so we will probably be there ob Saturday. She is doing VERY well.

Joyce said she wanted to come , so we will probably be there ob Saturday. She is doing VERY well.

Andy Clarke said:

We would appreciate that if you are coming, please respond with a RSVP so we have an idea as

Dang…I had my reservations and everything set for this one. I’ve been looking forward to it for quite some time. Jean had broken her femur back on May 17 and for awhile she was doing just fine; in fact, we were taking short walks (.3) miles in the neighborhood with just her walking sticks! Then the pain set in and she had to revert to her walker to even get around. The doctors assured us that everything was good (they told us that it was difficult healing because her femur had fractured in multiple places), but she was still in a lot of pain so I cancelled our trip on September 29. Then, last Friday (October 1) she could not move even a little without pain. So, I called 9-1-1 and we spent all of Friday night/Saturday morning in the emergency room at a nearby healthplex. Around 0800 they transferred her to Fairfax Hospital so we could sit in yet another emergency room. (Still NO sleep at this point!)

The doctors determined that the hardware had failed, so Saturday afternoon Jean got to endure some more surgery as they replace the rod in her femur as well as the screws that held the rod in place. Ouch. Anyway, it was rather long (about 4 hours) and she did not even get up to her hospital room until around 2030 (That’s 830 PM for you non-24 hour clock folks).

They “released” her from the hospital last Monday (October 4) and she has been recovering at home since then. She is getting around nicely using the walker but has yet to attempt the stairs. This afternoon we’ll have a home PT person come to the house, so we shall see.

TL;DR - we aren’t coming! (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif)

Bruce, Please accept our prayers for Jean’s quick and full recovery.

Eric

Prayers to Jean and you too, as she heals again! Hope she is up and doing well ASAP. Pete and Debbie Lassen

Bruce, am sorry to hear what Jean has had to endure, along with yourself…

Am sorry that you all are unable to attend, but fully understand…

You both will be missed…

We hope that Jean’s recovery this time quick and efficient…

Hopefully, no more hardware problems…

Andy

Dang Bruce this has got to be max in the frustration area. She has tolerated these bone issues more than one person should need to. Hope she heals quickly and is able to maintain her good spirits. Will keep her in my thoughts.

Sorry to hear of Jeans continued troubles. I wonder how often that hardware fails? Seems like it should be pretty rare. Hope this next set is a good one and Jean heals fast.

Bruce, I repeat what everyone else has Said.

Andy Clarke said:

Dad,

Remind me how many years was I banished from your property as 2022 is just around the corner.

Rooster said:

Andy Clarke said:

Dad,

Remind me how many years was I banished from your property as 2022 is just around the corner.

178 years son, 178 years, very peaceful years, I might add… (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

IF anyone else is planning to attend, an RSVP would be appreciated…

Thanks

See you in 2199 Dad !

1 Like

Saturday was a great day… About 15 folks, weather was good, high in the mid 60’s, sunny, but a tad windy…

Sunday is supposed to be the same, but temps around 70…

Andy; it was good to hear that you had two great days of operations, fun, and friendship.

Here, up a tad North of you, we were VERY MUCH rained out !!

We’ll try for next Saturday, but we are very much nearing the end of our operating season.

Stay well, Jane, and Andy.

Fred Mills