Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern's June Ops Session 2017

" Rooster " said:

Dad threw me out years ago and told me never to come back!

Was it for trying to smuggle out his amtrak set. lol

Matt Russell said:

" Rooster " said:

Dad threw me out years ago and told me never to come back!

Was it for trying to smuggle out his amtrak set. lol

EXACTLY… Dang kids…

Andy, I’ve been watching the posted videos associated with your layout and operations, and find them both quite impressive.

What is the dimension of your layout, and track footage? Do you have an overhead pic of the entire layout?

Mike Wlez said:

Andy, I’ve been watching the posted videos associated with your layout and operations, and find them both quite impressive.

What is the dimension of your layout, and track footage? Do you have an overhead pic of the entire layout?

Now you did it Mike!

Grab a bag and try to relax !

Mike Wlez said:

Here’s a Google Earth shot of his layout. The spur in the video is the brown spot at the bottom right. It wasn’t finished yet when this shot was taken.

Quite the maze. It’s easy to get lost if you’re not sure where you’re going…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Mike Wlez said:

Mike, Honestly, I don’t measure the dimensions, but Bruce Chandler did bring his ““odometer car”” and we used it to determine distances… In a nut shell, the runs from BLuefield to Evansville, and Bluefield to Memphis were between 950 and 1,000 foot runs… The runs lengths were posted here on LSC, but I don’t remember where…

Ken Posted a shot of the layout from google earth… The house is approximately 2700 Sq ft, not counting the garage…

OK, here are a few still photo’s of the Ops:

Jan operating the BLU-EVA train across Hilltop Sub

Ric bringing the Freeman Spur Local from town back to the yards.

MCL-1 setup train passing thru Woodlawn.

Bill Payne working the town of Overlook with the local.

Just watched a YouTube video with some switching action by a large grain elevator. Good looking railroad! Looks like lots of fun.

Thanks Andy, beautiful layout, and thanks Ken, for the overview.