Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern's June 2021 operating Session

We finally got the first operating session of the year in this past weekend…

Thanks to Jane’s hard work, the railroad ran very well…

Had about a dozen people each day… Got a tad of rain on Sunday afternoon…

One shower stopped operations for about 7-8 mins, but that was all…

I believe Jane got some pictures, which if she did, will be posted later…

Good to hear, Andy. Thanks for posting. Those of us not able to attend, will greatly appreciate Jane’s pictures, and any others.

Around here in Ottawa, we are still limited to 5 people on the property, and the US/Canadian border is still closed. We are hoping that we may be able to have our first operations starting in July…but who knows.

Fred Mills

It really was a great weekend! The track is in very good shape and the place looked fantastic as all will see in the pictures. It felt like a very normal event. And that is saying quite a bit in these crazy times.

I had a blast as usual. Thanks again guys!!

Matt Russell said:

I had a blast as usual. Thanks again guys!!

Thank YOU for posting that great video - the railroad looks wonderful as does all the plants! We’re looking forward to our October visit.

You’re welcome Bruce! I do enjoy videoing the progression of the layout. The ground cover is amazing there. I can’t believe how much it has filled in and just looks impressive. See you in the fall!

Matt Russell said:

You’re welcome Bruce! I do enjoy videoing the progression of the layout. The ground cover is amazing there. I can’t believe how much it has filled in and just looks impressive. See you in the fall!

Cousin Matt,

Could you snag the $20 the old bastard still owes me when you head back out in the fall ! Dress in coverall’s like he does ( with a garter belt and fishnets under them). Then jam all the Amtrak stuff you can fit along with the USA 55’ tankers into your clothing as you will have many compartments . If anyone asks why you are walking funny just tell them you have to poop and dump the loot in your,you’re, UR, ewer truck!

We can always catch up later !!

Thanks Cuz!

The devil didn’t go to Georgia he went to Nashville,IL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh7BZf7D5Bw

OK, cleaned out some of my freight shed so I could post pictures…

Below are some pictures of a set-up train heading out to Okawville on EVWR tracks…

Train is getting ready to enter Woodlawn…

Train is at Nashville…

Train is leaving Woodlawn…

Nashville is back in the distance…

Starting to cross the trestle…

Working Addieville while a set of deadhead engines are heading out to Okawville…

Cial train on the Sparta Subdivision heading into Woodlawn…

Coal train on the Memphis Subdivision heading to the power plant as it passes Freeman Spur(up where the tent is located)…

Coal train as it is entering the Memphis yards…

Town of Overlook being worked by the local freight…

Ric working a train thru Woodlawn… The switchback is in the background… Switchback was out of commission this session

as a pair of Killdare (SP) birds have a nest with eggs near the first switch up the hill… This would be the second set of

hatch lings this year…

An overall shot from the Industrial park in Bluefield looking out with Sparta on the right… Hadley Park is just behind Ric and

Okawville is way back in the distance…

Only camera person I know besides Matt’s video was Jane taking pictures in between and while running her own train…

That’s all the pictures we have… (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Andy;

Greatly appreciated. The pictures help to make many of us feel like we have been there enjoying the great efforts Jane, and you have put into a great railroad, that you graciously share with others.

Thank you.

Fred Mills

Hey Fred, good to see you are still kicking. Things have basically returned to “normal” in this part of the USA. It was good to have a “regular” ops session with our friends. Hoping to hear that things are improving up your way.

Thank you, Ric. We are moving ahead in the correct direction, cautiously, with the hope of having our first operation in the first weeks of July. We just have to be patient, and ready. We have maintained the railroad over the last two years, and it is in good shape.

Fred

Thanks for posting these great pictures Andy . Your railroad is a inspiration for alot of us . I hope to one day come down and meet you and your wife and see your empire . I also hope to see and meet Matt and the rest of the guys too .

Mike, you are welcome any time…

Andy Clarke said:

Mike, you are welcome any time…

True. Just remember that the October session is the “BEST” one!(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Awesome pictures!

LOL! @ cuz rooster. I’ll see what I can do. But security is pretty high there. Yardmaster Jan is always on duty!

Mike, you gotta get down this way. Come to Andy’s, swing by my place, and Robby’s too. I’ve gotta get up your way as well.

Thanks Andy and Matt , coming down that way is definitely on my to do list . Bring some of your stuff if you ever get up this way !