Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern's Hilltop Subdivision

David Russell said:
Your outta control !!!
Dave, that is making a huge assumption that at one time Andy was under control. I have personal observation and testimony from his spouse that that has never happened and can be verified by the U. S. Air Force.
Ric Golding said:
David Russell said:
Your outta control !!!
Dave, that is making a huge assumption that at one time Andy was under control. I have personal observation and testimony from his spouse that that has never happened and can be verified by the U. S. Air Force.
:)

Jon, I ran electric outside, at the last house… Removed all the rail joiners and used LGB electrical grease on the, then installed them again… Electric worked great for 3 years, with a simple clip-on electrical connection… After 3 years, when i had a bad spot, i’d just get the screw driver, and tighten up the screws in the rail joiner, and it all worked fine…

Batteries and remote controls have evolved so much, going electric rail, is not worth the trouble, at least for me…

Wasn’t trying to convince you :smiley:

Andy Clarke said:
Batteries and remote controls have evolved so much, going electric rail, is not worth the trouble, at least for me....
SISSY! :lol:
David Russell said:
Andy Clarke said:
Batteries and remote controls have evolved so much, going electric rail, is not worth the trouble, at least for me....
I'd be carefull who you call SISSY. Andy can take that tractor and go Godzilla on your RR :lol: Ralph

:slight_smile: Ralph

Ralph Berg said:
David Russell said:
Andy Clarke said:
I'd be carefull who you call SISSY. Andy can take that tractor and go Godzilla on your RR :lol: Ralph
Well if he leaves now I'd suspect with the top speed on that tractor I've got about 2 weeks to play with my RR till he arrives. :lol:
David Russell said:
Ralph Berg said:
David Russell said:
Well if he leaves now I'd suspect with the top speed on that tractor I've got about 2 weeks to play with my RR till he arrives. :lol:
Anybody with a tractor that size is bound to have a trailer ;) Ralph

Yeah, I do… :slight_smile:

Ralph Berg said:
Anybody with a tractor that size is bound to have a trailer ;) Ralph
Shut up Ralph! He doesn't need any idea's :lol:

Stopped By Andy’s today, the weather was B E A utiful and I knew I would find him and Jane working on the Railroad! They are making great progress and he has a very achievable goal by October. Thanks for the tour Andy and a big thanks to Jane for another lesson on plantings too! I could tell quite a substantial difference in the added foilage and trees. Now if I could just get that tractor of his loaded up and hauled to my house for a little destruction! lol I look forward to operating on this vast layout soon! I may just have to stop by and run a short route, if the neighbors dogs don’t eat me. hehe

Below are pictures of the retaining wall for the Sparta subdivision cut under the Hilltop Subdivision… These progress pictures were taken this evening…

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/andyc/Outside%20Layout%20Pictures/Sparta%20cut%2019%20July%2009/Sparta%20cut,%20lookind%20S%20-%20Pic%203%20-%2007-19-09.jpg)

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/andyc/Outside%20Layout%20Pictures/Sparta%20cut%2019%20July%2009/Sparta%20cut,%20looking%20SW%20-%20Pic%202%20-%2007-19-09.jpg)

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/andyc/Outside%20Layout%20Pictures/Sparta%20cut%2019%20July%2009/West%20side%20of%20Sparta%20cut%20-%20Pic%201%20-%207-19-09.jpg)

The weather the last week or so, has been wonderful to work in… Can’t believe mid 70’s, in the middle of July for high temperatures… Am trying to get in as much heavy work as possible, while the cool weather and low humidity is here… Once this wall is built, I can start laying out track again, to mark where it will go, to dig out roadbed…

Good thing you have heavy equipment :wink:
I hope the mild weather hangs around for a bit.
It’s nice to be able to get things done.
Ralph

Ralph, it’s great to be able to get some things accomplished… And, having that tractor sure helps…

Looks good Andy :smiley:

I agree about the weather. I’m writing this from a picnic table at our campground in Poland, NY juts outside the Adirondack mountains of NY. It’s about 73 degrees here.

We’re on our way home from Fred’s in Ottawa where the weather was great as well. A few passing showers, but not enough to dampen our spirits.

I just hope it stays cool so I can finish my sidings, but the forecast is for warmer and more humid.

Jon, The humidity is starting to arrive back here again, today… I can sure feel the difference… Rising temps for the week, and a better chance of the occasional thundershower as the week progresses, but still, they are no predicting back to the normal highs so far… Normal highs are 90 - 91 and we are only supposed to get to 88 or so…

glad you all had a good trip… Doug posted some pictures over on MLS…

Andy, Is it too early to ask how you’re going to span the Sparta division for the Hilltop division?
Looks good glad you’ve been able to get so much done.

Dave

David Marconi said:
Andy, Is it too early to ask how you're going to span the Sparta division for the Hilltop division? Looks good glad you've been able to get so much done.

Dave

Dave,

There will be a two-track bridge running across the Sparta cut, on which the Hilltop subdivision will cross… At the moment, I have a temp steel bridge, 12 foot long, that will be used for the bridge… My branch line will also cross the Sparta cut on each side of the Hilltop Sub Bridge… the east side wille be single track, and the west side, will be double track… Most likely, the branch line will be trestle work…

NO comments …
Just a :wink: