Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern's City industrial

Since, work can not be done outside, I built the tables and have laid out the track for the City Industrail area that will be within the basement, along the north wall… The area measures 21 feet, 5 inches, and the tables will be 30 inches wide… Eventually, behind this area on the wall, will be a city background scene… These first views are of the track, as it being laid out for the area…

This shot is looking east from the west end… track 3rd from the right, is the mainline… The two track on the right, will be under and inside a factory building… the track on the left side of the mainline, will also be a track going insdie a factory…

This is a shot from the west end, looking east… The two tracks at the bottom left, will serve another industry, with the far left track going isnde the factory, and the second from the left track, going between loading docks… track 3rd from the left, is the mainline, and the track 4th from the left, is a team track… Here are two shots, with freight cars on the tracks:

East end, lookins west…

west end, looking east… And, here’s a shot, with foam acting as the industries:

West end, looking east…

Looking back at the west end…

Looking at the east end, again… Industries will be 2-3 stories tall, above the railcar height at the far end… Am considering making all 4 siding tracks at the east end, one large industry, that the second story and above will elevate right over the mainline… That would make the mainline look as if it also was going into the building… Place a mirror bac in there, and when you looked in there, hopefully, it would look like the minaline just keeps going on…

Man, that’s going to be great. I have dibs on operating inside if it’s raining when we visit!

lol, Bruce… I figure, it can handle 15-17 cars, depending on whether they are 40 of 50 footers…

When your working the City Industrail area, behind you, will be the freightyard…

It ought to be interesting, working the area, as there’s only the mainline, with a small bit of a runaround… Doing a few cars at a time might work, but, I kind of figure, that the switcher will go and pick up the freightcars that are moving out, and then take them to the yard, and pick up the string of cars going into the industries…

Or, the switcher will be working maybe one industry at a time, or possibly two…

Neat “LITTLE” timesaver of sorts there! Looks really god thougha dn once “sceniced” will really set the tone! Please keep us updated with photos!

There is not enough room in my basement now to do that. I love the idea though. At one point in another house I had ideas like that. Multiple plans drawn up never to be completed. I even had benchwork built.

Memories.

Chas