Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern's 15 - 16 October Ops session..

Last Ops session for the year is next weekend… Anyone planning on attending, I’d sure appreciate a ““Heads Up””, to get some idea of a head count…

Thanks…

I will be there…good lord will and the crik don’t rise…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

I will be there for the Sunday session. I have an all day narrow gauge meet in St. Louis on Saturday.

Bob

GOD willing we will be there. Hope the weather is like this weekend. Down right perfect.

Looks like I will be busy on Saturday this time, but should be there on Sunday. If I get done early enough Saturday I may drive down to join in for dinner.

I’ll be there on Sunday, but Aaron and I won’t be working the timesaver at Overlook, just to easy for us.

Joyce and I will make it on Saturday.

We will not make it this weekend. Just ran out of time with other needs. Dale

I’ll be there tomorrow.

Not going to be there. I’m sort of between jobs at the moment and trying to save my gas money…

Day one is over and no pics to share?

You made it public Dad now share some pics for those that were not able to attend!

And you wonder why I don’t come back home to visit anymore!

Robbie Hanson said:

Not going to be there. I’m sort of between jobs at the moment and trying to save my gas money…

Go to bed it’s 2 am in the morning!

" Rooster " said:

You made it public Dad now share some pics for those that were not able to attend!

Only reason you don’t come home any more is cause I quit giving you money… It’s a sad day when a Dad has to pay his son to visit… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

lmao!!! (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

I took a few pictures…and by a few I mean maybe 5. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)They are uploading.

I planned on railfaning today like I love to do when I go…But when i was at the Evansville yard Mark said “hold this clipboard”. I later found out that really means, this is your train I’m building. lol. So, I tried videoing and maintaining a train. It was too hard too do both. I made it about 1/2 way to Addeville before I just focused on my train. Next time, I will try and get the whole run on video. I think i can do it.

New post coming with a couple pictures and a partial video. lol.

" Rooster " said:

Good luck with that. Hard to find time to post pics. When we attend, I usually don’t get around to it until a day after we get home. Typically home late Monday night. Unfortunately we couldn’t make it this year, but we’ll try for next!

Another year in the bag. 4 great sessions. The October Ops is always the best and that followed true this year. Ran both puzzles, “Industrial Park” and “Overlook Local”, plus "Bluefield / Memphis through run, “MCL2”, and some setup and clean up trains. Out on the track, most of the time and got to work with some great crew members.

“MCL2” is a duplication of the real Evansville Western train running from Evansville, Indiana to Okawville, Illinois and return. Mostly a grain hauler and a full 2 day job out and back in the real world, its a 2 hour job on the Clarke’s railroad. 17 car train, with one switching move along the way and major switching at Okawville… Lots of hills, uphill hard on the couplers and downhill pushes against the engines, curves that will “clothesline” the train, with too much speed, and good opposing traffic.

Major “OPS” and great fun!

Was another great weekend of Ops… Nice weather and great people, (not to mention food), who could ask for more… Will be a few days recovering from this one… My thanks to all who attended and this very enjoyable…

Andy and Jane,

Another great time was had on the Bluestone Southern. I really had fun, just too bad those two goofy yard operators in Evansville were so slow at getting their yard together…

TM

Mark Haun said:

Andy and Jane,

Another great time was had on the Bluestone Southern. I really had fun, just too bad those two goofy yard operators in Evansville were so slow at getting their yard together…

TM

When I grow up, I want to be an Evansville Yard Master.

Did anyone get pictures of their naps?

Ric Golding said:
When I grow up, I want to be an Evansville Yard Master. 
Did anyone get pictures of their naps?
LOL!!!
I bet Ken did!