Large Scale Central

Bluestone Southern Railroad trackwork

There’s always some addition still being worked. Below are 2 pictures of the Proposed addition to the line, to run the tracks around Hilltop, to continue the Line eventually out to Okawville…

Jane and I have bee working on extending the line since the last Ops session in May, working on the extension… This work provided us with the oppertunatity to extend the EVWR local run to a simulated temperary location of Addieville…

In the below picture, hopefully, you can see where the line will come across a set of bridges and continue out to run on the trestle.

It will contibue on the trestle and cross over the lower tracks and under the upper tracks to wrap around Hilltop.

This will be the next phase of construction, along with extending the capacity of the freight yard at Evansville/Memphis area…

Looks good Andy. How do you find the time to build and maintain all that. That has to be a full time job. I need to retire… :wink:

Naah. Trust me, Shawn, there is no more time after you retire. I retired 1 Appril, and I still don’t have a train running!

Lou Luczu said:

Naah. Trust me, Shawn, there is no more time after you retire. I retired 1 Appril, and I still don’t have a train running!

Come on Lou. I have a full time job and kids and I still find the time. You better get your priorities straight :wink:

Shawn, Lou is right… Seems when people retire, they have so much on their plate, there’s not enough time to everything…

Luckily, Jane likes working the plants… Most of the landscaping, we do together… The majority of the trackwork has settled in nicely over the years, and the maintenence of it, is not really that difficult…

Jane has been trimming plants for about 2-3 weeks now, and it’s about half done… Don’t have a clue how many times, she’s filled the ““Burn pit”” with trimmings…

I also have the extreme fortune to have a few good friends, who help maintain/perform maintenence on it just before an ““Ops”” session… Not enough praise and thanks can be given them for their friendship and work…

As an example… Ric usually runs a “'track maintenence”" train, either friday evening, or Saturday morning (or Both) before an Ops Session… Saturday & Sunday Mornings, while Jane, Ric & I go to breakfast, Jan (who doesn’t go to breakfast with us), will run her ““Presidental Inspection”” train around the layout.

Andy Clarke said:

Shawn, Lou is right… Seems when people retire, they have so much on their plate, there’s not enough time to everything…

Luckily, Jane likes working the plants… Most of the landscaping, we do together… The majority of the trackwork has settled in nicely over the years, and the maintenence of it, is not really that difficult…

Jane has been trimming plants for about 2-3 weeks now, and it’s about half done… Don’t have a clue how many times, she’s filled the ““Burn pit”” with trimmings…

I also have the extreme fortune to have a few good friends, who help maintain/perform maintenence on it just before an ““Ops”” session… Not enough praise and thanks can be given them for their friendship and work…

As an example… Ric usually runs a “'track maintenence”" train, either friday evening, or Saturday morning (or Both) before an Ops Session… Saturday & Sunday Mornings, while Jane, Ric & I go to breakfast, Jan (who doesn’t go to breakfast with us), will run her ““Presidental Inspection”” train around the layout.

Dad

You never did tell me why Ric always wears his knee pads at your place?

We have pictures and you need to put them Roadrailers in the will for me!

:wink:

Shame shame! Day 1 and page 1 and they’re derailing the thread.

Back on track, nice trestle Andy, guess that will get speed restrictions when used. Landscaping looks great in those views

Shawn (napkin builder) Viggiano said:

Lou Luczu said:

Come on Lou. I have a full time job and kids and I still find the time. You better get your priorities straight :wink:

When you retire, or semi-retire, you spend a lot of time wondering how you ever had time to go to work.

PS Oh yeah, I like that trestle, too.

David Russell said:

Dad

You never did tell me why Ric always wears his knee pads at your place?

We have pictures and you need to put them Roadrailers in the will for me!

:wink:

Son, ok, ok, but you can’t tell anyone… Ric usually wears the kneepads, cause we draw faces on his knees when he naps between runs… He wears the kneepads to cover the faces we draw… :slight_smile:

What Roadrailers??? (innocent look)

…grinning…

I thought Ric had smiley faced tattoos on his knees…