Large Scale Central

Big "E" Train show in Springfield Mass.

You are right Dan

Programming issues … It will only let you enter start or end time one each day

I wonder how the fair grounds made out with the last snow storm …

Looks like we will have sun and cold temps … below freezing … (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)any snow they had should be gone today … close to 60F with heavy rain …

Watch for the SD Warren steam locomotive out side. This loco has been beautifully restored by the folks at the Boothbay Railway and is a honey! She should be running on a section of track!

They have done a wonderful job with her … She has been coming for a couple of years … (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Oh no…this is a different engin than previous years. This is a Baldwin saddle tanker 2 foot gauge used in a mill in Westbrook maine. I think the last one you saw was a regauged Porter done for Edaville.

Hmm I hope I get a chance to see her then … I had to look for some info .

Boothbay Railway Village is bringing a recently restored S.D. Warren #2 0-4-0T locomotive. It was built by Baldwin in 1895 and Amherst Society grant money played an important part in getting the restoration finished. It is the only operational 2 foot gauge industrial locomotive that ran in Maine. (live and UNDER STEAM!!!; located outside at the 2019 Train Show!!).

the first public run with an over size whistle and a few things to finish up. She should look even better in person this weekend! She will be boarding her truck this afternoon. She is now #1 on my build list.

Eric

Did you do any work on her ?

This is the one I was thinking of.

That one started life as a 30" gauge porter 0-4-0 saddle tanker. Brian at boothbay did the gauge conversion AND changed her to a tender engine for Edaville

I’ll be there Saturday. Looking to get some turnouts and wheels and whatever else I can. Bringing the wife to keep me from breaking the bank.

Cash… is the key … Usually @ Ro’s …

Sean McGillicuddy said:

Cash… is the key … Usually @ Ro’s …

I didn’t think about that. I’ll need to get some $$$

I spent about 5 hours at the show today wandering around the 4 buildings (most of them, more than once). I met a few form members and chatted with them quite a bit. Unfortunately I didn’t get to meet everyone whom I knew was there because I was called away. But, I did get to see the saddle tank! What a beautiful locomotive.

John, did you find turnouts? I did not. Piko curved points were one of the few things I was really hoping to buy and I couldn’t find them at all.

I was present with the wife and daughter, grandson … It’s different when they come .(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-undecided.gif) I did talk/ saw a couple of friends … The boy had fun… next year I’m hoping the wife will not want to go …

(https://tinybeans.com/pv/e/179052933/2bfc8b63-a153-4031-a6e8-4ccb01abdaa9-l.jpeg)

John Wilda said:

John, did you find turnouts? I did not. Piko curved points were one of the few things I was really hoping to buy and I couldn’t find them at all.

Hey John, I didn’t find any turnouts. Got plenty of wheels thou. I was interested in possibly getting some LGB R5 turnouts but didn’t see any. I have several USAT #6 on my layout but I just can’t see spending the extra money on the electric switch when they don’t last too long outside. Starting to think about going to ECLSTS in York maybe, I think its only about a 5 hour drive?

Oops, 7 hours

Hey John, I didn’t find any turnouts. Got plenty of wheels thou. I was interested in possibly getting some LGB R5 turnouts but didn’t see any. I have several USAT #6 on my layout but I just can’t see spending the extra money on the electric switch when they don’t last too long outside. Starting to think about going to ECLSTS in York maybe, I think its only about a 5 hour drive?

I am thinking about going to that show as well, actually. Itd be a fun trip and I have college friends out there to visit. Plus, there are lots of bakeries to visit along the way!

Here is another quick video from the show…