Ralph

I would just like to know how a deleted member can still post

Dave Marconi said:

I would just like to know how a deleted member can still post

I donā€™t believe he can, Hollywood.
I think he made his last post, then deleted his membership :wink:
Ralph

Itā€™s that LOL you betcha not telling the truth thingā€¦

It may be a language issue, my boss is French and he can sound very ā€œsnarkyā€ when I know full well he is not.

As far as checking wheel gauges or track gaugeā€¦Never had a reason. I am a bit over zealous with my track work and seldom have a derailment that is not immediately remedied by removing a stone or twig from the track. Truth be told I use only LGB/AML track/switches, would certainly be different if I laid my own.

My track work rarely causes a derailment. The operator is another story :slight_smile:

Jon Radder said:

My track work rarely causes a derailment. The operator is another story :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s the case on most railways I ever had the pleasure running trains on. Of course there are always the cases where the owner bought inexpensive track and/or had no clue how to lay track. That happens from Z to LS.

We seem to have the mentality as model railroaders that every loco should be able to run everywhere, on every layoutā€¦it Just tā€™ainā€™t soā€¦I actually have industrial tracks where the K27 will not runā€¦and the Four Truck Shay will not fit! EGADS!!! The shame of it all! Being like a real railroad and suchā€¦

Yesā€¦but I can get 3ā€™ long cars with body mounted close coupling to turn on a 4.5ā€™ radius and possibly a 4ā€™ā€¦Iā€™m proud of that

So, you would be proud of this too?

(http://elmassian.com/images/stories/track/too_sharp.jpg)

If youā€™ve seen Roosterā€™s videos and photos of his scratch built Amtrak fleet, you should be aware that they do not look ridicules :wink:
Ralph

David Russell said:

Yesā€¦but I can get 3ā€™ long cars with body mounted close coupling to turn on a 4.5ā€™ radius and possibly a 4ā€™ā€¦Iā€™m proud of that

As you should be!

Easy to criticize, harder to accomplish something!

Ralph Berg said:

If youā€™ve seen Roosterā€™s videos and photos of his scratch built Amtrak fleet, you should be aware that they do not look ridicules :wink:
Ralph

I wish we had a ā€œlikeā€ button!

The question with tight radii curves and turnouts is not ā€œcan I make the impossible possible?ā€ it really is ā€œhas it any resemblances to what I see on the proto.ā€

Oh BTW there was an excellent 1:24 streetcar layout at the Calgary show . It looked just like the real thing!

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/65082030[/vimeo]

Just giving Rooster a hard time, his Amtrak fleet is great, and of course he is talking curves TWICE what the GG-1 is traversing.

The R1 curve is dying with all the nice new full length, prototype cars. Let Aristo sell the foreshortened toy passenger cars, not to mention the RMT stuff: (for tiny curves)

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/readymadetoys_2272_101520854

RMT is for Gauge 0, anyway.