Large Scale Central

Back on the job!

I built this 12 foot double track trestle/truss combo last winter. Now I have to install it. I mounted a 2x6 treated board under the trestles. So I figured I’d just pour a footing and anchor it in the concrete. Over kill? Prolly, but I have nothing but time on my hands. jb

That’s stately. Beautiful work!

Wow! Nice!

Looks like a real labor of love!

that thing is a monster! Beautiful piece of work. Is it cedar or redwood? Nailed, glued, bolted? I ask because i wan to build another one.
Terry

Thanks, Guys! She was indeed a labor of love. She (it) is entirely bolted together with stainless and brass micro fasteners. (Just like a real one, cept they use monster fasteners!) No glue anywhere. Mostly redwood, stringers are hemlock. The plastic ties on my LGB flex track “disappear” between the redwood ties on the deck, giving the illusion that the rail is spiked to the wooden ties. I don’t have center guard rails yet. Today I will flip it and drill the mounting holes, locate them on the slab, then anchor it. I’ll post pics as I more-or-less progress along. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/jebouck/_forumfiles/poured.jpg)

JB

Nice stuff! I see the load of “Big Boulders” has found a good home. :wink: :slight_smile: (Writes he who will be picking up more rock)