Large Scale Central

Bachmann 2-4-2 w/tender and new gears

This 2-4-2 engine and tender came out of a set and seems to have been hardly used, except for the wheels. I sold the original wheels and had to rescue some from an old and beat-up locomotive, so they look well worn. See the pics.

The tender has the original sound system and can be plugged in to the loco in the cab to trigger the chuff. It works, but the original sound was pretty dismal when these first came out.

The chassis has plunger type pickups, not the wipers on the older version. The smoke unit looks unused, and the headlight works.

The axle gear was cracked so it has been replaced with a Delrin one from Jerry Y.

Price is $99 or best offer, and includes shipping in the lower 48. Paypal, Zelle or check.

Pete, PM sent.

This looks like the closest thing I’ll ever get for a bash to make the V&T’s James or Bowker 2-4-0’s!

Cliff, sorry it is spoken for. However, we do have various bits of the junk loco in the box if you want them to make something.

Junker on the left:

Inside. Not a pretty sight:

Inside the boiler is an ancient DCC chip:

The junker has a cab light:

It was left in a barn for a long time:

Of course, it no longer has any wheels, or trucks. The tender is missing trucks and the water filler is ripped out.

Thanks for letting me know, Pete.

(I thought I was replying to your PM but then I saw that my reply got sent to this thread, huh. I’m still learning the ropes with the new software.)