Large Scale Central

Aristo L'IL Critter - Newbie Question

Hoping someone can help with a newbie question. A short time ago I bought a used Critter, R/C with Battery. Had lots of fun and it ran great for 10 - 15 hours over several weeks. However, the front wheels have stopped turning, while the rear wheels on the brick continue. No loud noises, no grinding sounds…just stopped. I have lubed them in a misguided hope that was all they needed, but no luck.

I am sure this is easily understood by more experienced modelers, so am hoping someone can please help with counsel/advice.

Thank you,

Paul

You’ll want to get into the motorblock to see if the gear has stripped or split on that axle. It’s a pain in the arse to get into as you have to unscrew the skirts (with some screwdriver gymnastics, then unscrew the side frames to get the clamshell of the block open.

Thanks, Bill. Was afraid that might be it. Do you know if know if the necessary parts are difficult to acquire?

It depends on what part it is. I know of a guy who does some gear work on FB. Jiro somethingorother.

Is it the same gearbox as used in the Eggliner….if it is; no problem… Just purchase one of them and use its power truck for the critter…

Hello Fred,

Thanks - you are too kind to me!(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Paul

Welcome Paulmac!

Paul; I have a derelict FA unit that might become a donor for your critter… Call me in the morning, or tonight…

Bill Sakalaucks said:

It depends on what part it is. I know of a guy who does some gear work on FB. Jiro somethingorother.

Jiro Yeramian machines replacement gears for many locos. His e-mail is [email protected]