Large Scale Central

Aristo _ Craft trains forum

Hello all

You were aware that the Aristo- Craft site is still up and unfortunately not as busy as this one …

Feel free to check in there …you might see some names you already know …

http://www.aristocraftforum.com/index.php?sid=50bb9fb39f640dad6f4459aee66ccbf0

Thanks

Sean, I haven’t been there in a few years, but I made a post today. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Shane

I did see your post …that will wake them up !

I’m trying to get in but I forgot my USERID. I wrote down the password, but a lot of good it does me. Won’t let me rergister because my email address is already used.

Sheesh!

Managed to get a new password…but have not sent a message yet…The reply to my application for a new password was almost an instantaneous reply…

I don’t know what I can contribute to the forums there…as I’ve never been known as a “Lover” of all things Aristo. I reserve my love for my family, and any lady-friends I might have…!!

Wow I didn’t know it was still active. I think I got booted off the forum for posting one of my homemade critters, it had Aristocraft motor blocks but a Bachmann body which was apparently a big no no back then for somebody (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

I have a user name there. Way back when I first got into large scale some 12+ years ago I joined that forum. Learned very quickly that if you were not an Aristo-Craft foamer you were not very welcome there. I lurked there for a while looking to pick up information on what little Aristo-Craft I owned. Didn’t take long and I stopped lurkeing as well. I have found much more friendship here and get as good or better (honest) information here. I have no reason to go back…even if I could remember enough to get back in.

A long time ago I quit the Aristo Forum after several years of participation. I think they were upset at me for posting a thread with pictures about the GP40’s smoking motors (bad batch of motors) and plating falling off its wheels, and later I posted a thread about a Lionel steam loco to illustrate blind driver wheels, which they did not like that I don’t understand their objection to this day. Anyway, Aristo is now defunct.

-Ted

The Aristo Forum is much the same as others. You can read it but it only necessary to have a user name and password to post. Same as here. This place is the most active, others tend to be quiet or reminiscent of Facebook.

Sort of fun to go look around some.

I was curious as my pal Tim is fighting to repair a 2-8-2. The Aristo forums say ‘not available’ - are they officially defunct?

And where do I find Navin’s phone number?

The site was up till last Friday. The site was locked do to issues and hopefully it will be back up as Johnathan was sent a e mail about it and he was unaware there was a issue. I just checked today and still no totally up. Hope it comes back as there are a few of us that stay active there. Later RJD

Pete, it is my understanding that Navin is now here https://www.revoelectronics.com/

R.J. DeBerg said:

The site was up till last Friday. The site was locked do to issues and hopefully it will be back up as Johnathan was sent a e mail about it and he was unaware there was a issue. I just checked today and still no totally up. Hope it comes back as there are a few of us that stay active there. Later RJD

It has been strange/ unavailable for a while…weird text … and things … will not let you log on etc… I do check in there daily … Some times to just see who has a birthday …

Ted Doskaris said:

A long time ago I quit the Aristo Forum after several years of participation. I think they were upset at me for posting a thread with pictures about the GP40’s smoking motors (bad batch of motors) and plating falling off its wheels, and later I posted a thread about a Lionel steam loco to illustrate blind driver wheels, which they did not like that I don’t understand their objection to this day. Anyway, Aristo is now defunct.

-Ted

I lot of the questions that do pop up are on repairs …

I notice that the forum is back up !

I check every day
Not many people are on there, some though

Create a new email address on a site like gmail or yahoo, then create a new login on Aristo.