Large Scale Central

Aristo # 6switches

Any one can tell about useing a A/C # 6 switche out side and how do you control it? I am looking at useing air ?Later Bruce

Bruce,
From what I’ve read, heard or experienced, Aristo switches are problematic right out of the box.
Some will jump in and say, “no problem have I with the switches”, but that happens when anyone voices a personal opinion on something. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
jb

John Bouck said:
Bruce, From what I've read, heard or experienced, Aristo switches are problematic right out of the box. Some will jump in and say, "no problem have I with the switches", but that happens when anyone voices a personal opinion on something. :) :) jb
Do a search here on the forum. Fred Mills details his "fix" for the Aristo switches on several different occasions. Ralph

<<Doe a search here on the forum. Fred Mills details his “fix” for the Aristo switches on several different occasions.>>

Shouldn’t need a fix. 'Specially for the bucks they get for them.

John Bouck said:
<>

Shouldn’t need a fix. 'Specially for the bucks they get for them.

True,
But a least we have people such as Fred and TOC that can show us how to fix things.
Many things much more expensive than the Aristo turnouts require some “tweak” or “fix” to work their best.
Ralph

Greg Elmassian, a frequent contributor here, has two pages devoted to the Aristo #6 switch. The first one is here. and thesecond one is here.

This should answer all of your questions.

Oh, btw, welcome to LSC. Bart has the coffee on down in the Goat Locker, and you have the midwatch. Throw your gear on an open rack and sit a spell and tell us a bit about yourself. We can be a fractious bunch at times. Thread hijacking is almost required. All of your questions will be answered, eventually, and all of your answers will be questioned.

Welcome aboard.

Oh, yeah, air should work fine to control the switch.

Thanks for help. I will use the x-wide switches Later