Large Scale Central

April releases

I’ve got 3 figures up for preorder at http://scalehumans.com/orderform?PREORDER Here is an image of the the 3 figures, they are all 1:20.32 scale kits.

Thanks Boomer, yours will be the first package to ship :wink:

Those are really something, Richard. I am amazed at the amount of detail you can get with the 3D printing - and it’s only going to get better! Who would have believed it!

I hope I get the second shipment. :wink:

Thanks Bruce, its just a matter of time:) Hopefully I will sell enough to go into production right away, but MLS doesn’t allow me to announce my releases ‘overtly’ so I’m trying to figure out a way to announce it covertly without sounding like spam. Once those members know, I should be able to sell enough by the end of this week to start production.

Gee, one of us could always drop in over there and post a link to this post :] I don’t have a log-in any longer or I’d do it for you.

Thanks Jon, that would be great. Too bad you don’t have a log in :frowning:

Richard,

I’m a new member here and watch this site everyday even I’ve spent most of my days on MLS. I placed my order yesterday.

Doc Watson

Yes, I got it Don thanks. If you have some time could you make an announcement on MLS for me? I would appreciate it since I’m a long ways off from getting funded. I have some money coming at the end of the month that I can use, but I’d like to get and earlier start.

Thanks Boomer :slight_smile:

Rich,

Better watch out as I got the nasty gram TOO FOR OTHERS POINTING OUT that I have something for sale.

Yeah, MLS is the only sight that does it. I was surprised when you announced your cylinders for sale and no one dinged you. I don’t know why they do that. I like hearing about people’s products myself. The SE forum always has such cool stuff being announced by its members as well as this site. Its part of the modeling experience.

For a site who depends on advertising revenue they are quite anti-business. I agree, it doesn’t make sense. For the most part suppliers in this hobby are small guys like you and Jason, Tony, Barry, Del and more than I can remember. There is nothing better than dealing with a small manufacturer where you can speak directly to the owner - that’s one of the things that makes this hobby fun. Even the big guys in 1:29 are approachable. Bachmann is the only ‘big business’ in the game that I can think of.

Maybe it IS their dependency on advertising that makes them that way. A ‘no free lunch’ policy. Pay for promotion or don’t do it.

I’m glad Bob and the members are more relaxed about that here. I too enjoy reading about and discussing new products. I especially look forward to your new 3D designs as I am completely in awe of the 3D printing process.

Now that I have proven to myself that I am capable of painting figures I will be buying from you. I’m still needing engine crews so I can’t help with the pre-order on these 3. I hope you meet your goal quickly.

Thanks Jon. If anyone has any questions about 3D printing I would be willing to do a small thread on the subject in one of the other forums or possibly the figure forum. 3D is also great for those one off pieces for customizing your layout or train, but it can be frustrating at first if you don’t know what to look for or where to purchase.

My thanks to everyone that ordered. I started making molds yesterday and should be pouring by Monday so I should be releasing 6 days ahead of schedule. If anyone wants to get in an order at the low low discount price you better hurry because come Monday the price will go up.

Richard Kapuaala said:

Thanks Jon. If anyone has any questions about 3D printing I would be willing to do a small thread on the subject in one of the other forums or possibly the figure forum. 3D is also great for those one off pieces for customizing your layout or train, but it can be frustrating at first if you don’t know what to look for or where to purchase.

I’d sure be interested in this. I have a couple of ideas I might like to try out, but I don’t have a clue about even getting started.

Bruce, I think you’ll find you can do wonderful things with these tools. I’ll go ahead and start a thread that will review the types of free aps I’m using and what I’m using them for. Give me a couple of days though, I gotta help the wife clean for Easter and I still have to finish the molds for April releases, which by the one are not going to be done by Tomorrow, but I will be casting by Tuesday and shipping on Weds. Still ahead of schedule, but not quite as soon as I wanted. I’ll leave the preorder prices alone till Tuesday.

Shipped all the Preorders at once. I decided it would have taken way too much time shipping as I cast and some folks might not have shipped till April 3rd or 4th. Hope you folks don’t mind:)