Large Scale Central

Another unique model

Some of you have met my friend Stu, he’s been to a couple of TrainOps. He models in O Scale mostly, but has a business building high quality models in other scales as well.

He came across this photo a few months ago, and just had to model it. (How many of us have said that?)

He found someone with a 3D model of a reasonably close house, and had that printed.

I cant wait to see the finished result.

5 Likes

All I can say is “WOW!”

Best, David Meashey

For sure: WOW… what an idea!

Brings a whole new meaning to the word ‘houseboat’.

I would like to know what the guy on the back (stern) of the barge is screaming out with his hands in the air as it seems he has the attention of the two on the bow??

Roo, he is probably giving signals to the crew of the tugboat since they can’t see around the house. Then again, he may just be pitching a fit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s awesome! What a great subject for a unique and interesting model.

That is a gorgeous house and I can see why they would relocate it back in the day but sadly these days it is far cheaper just to knock a house down than move it.

The detail on that 3D printed model house is amazing.

You may know Bob that there are many houses in Provincetown MA. that were floated across the bay and today they bear a small blue plaque on them denoting their journey.