Large Scale Central

Another new toy

What scale is that truck in? That’s some nice details!

Not sure Craig. I think it’s in the 1:16-1:18 range. I’ve asked him to consider scaling it down to 1:29 but he’s not sure if he can maintain the level of detail. He’d probably have to print some of the details bigger than he would like and maybe even leave some off. This project was just to test the capabilities of his new printer. As I mentioned, he really likes the F7. Even if he could get it down to the 1:24 range, I said it would make a nice flat car load.

That’s quite amazing. I can’t tell where any supports might have been. Does it roll?

Yes it rolls but not like the commercial ones. It is fully spring using resin springs.

Here’s what the side frame looked like right off the printer.

2 Likes

Finally assembled the N4Max. Even though it has a bigger print area than my Chiron (420x420 compared to 400x400) it is about 9" narrower because of the way the spool mounts above instead of to the side.

Now I have to update the firmware on it, and get it leveled and set up.

"Fragilee, must be Italian " :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Vic , seems to me I remember seeing frangible, or a similar word that I never had the urge to look up the definition

You be missing the reference to the package from “Christmas Story”.

1 Like

Got sidetracked with life stuff, but moved the Neptune over next to the Chiron. Still need to update and set it up.

Wow, that’s a big printer, Bob. Did you get it for the increased surface area, height or all of the above?

A little bit of both. Chiron is 400x400x450, Neptune is 420x420x480. Mostly what this gives is speed increase. Chiron claims a 200ms speed, but in reality it fails over about 75, whereas the Neptune max speed is 500ms, and people are finding that ~300 is the sweet spot.

Had not considered the speed aspect, but that makes sense. My old Prusa is good for 50 mm/s all day long with most filaments.