Large Scale Central

Another little project for Devon or Dan

I can’t quite read the nameplate on the radiator. Fordson? Looks like a model A flat head 4 :smiley:

Turns out, Mike Williams already makes one.

1 Like

My grandpa had a v8flathead ford powered buzzsaw with a table that moved into the saw. He had a large pile of old 6x6 that he cut for firewood

Yes he does. That was our latest project. Well latest completed project. We are working on a new one.

Now I wonder why the front wheels and steering wheel are left on. Do you suppose that is so they can steer it while dragging it about? That would have been a very fun design.

If you want to see a model of a Tugger Hoist take a look here.

Long but well worth the wade.

1 Like

Rick,

I dont think you and I can be friends anymore. Between you and John I think I might have to try my hand at that after my current design project.

After our club meeting I was pleasantly surprised that my resident guru, Dennis, knew all about the “little tugger”. Turns out they were made by M.A.C. which was a subsidiary of Skagit. This is a company/railroad he is intimately knowledgeable of. So he has some great stuff on the Fordson
Tuggers. According to him, Henry Ford, even paid them a visit to see why they were ordering so many units minus the rear tires and implements.