Large Scale Central

Another A Trackive Weekend on the WCNG

Last weekend dealt with mainline and yard improvements, this weekend I was still in the yard but working on support tracks, like rebuilding a No3 wye, and laying the turntable lead. Might be a while befor the TT and engine house is done, but at least it gives the road engines an escape track to get outta the way of switching operations.

Also completed was my ‘hopper track’. This is a staging track that will represent a destination for all the coal traffic on the WCNG. Operationaly when the coal drags come in, they’ll be shoved down this track to have thier loads removed, and be ready for another trip to the mines. naturally this will be after any loads consigned to onlone industries has been switched out. The Timesaver Interchange yard is to the right in this photo, while the Main Yard is to the left and behind me.

When I rebuilt the No3 wye, I wanted to try Fr Fred’s Barrel Bolt ground throw idea, but no place in town hada small enough barrel bolt, so I thre this little gem together out of bits I had on hand!