Large Scale Central

An impressive indoor large scale layout

Joe, yes sometimes we do talk above the understanding of a casual user. I guess its just the nature of the beast.

I took a look at the photo properties and it has in fact been grabbed from your freight shed by VGLink. I suspect that you have some adware or malware on your computer that caused this to happen. There are many good free programs that will find and eliminate this nasty stuff, and others like what Greg uses that will prevent it from ever getting in the door.

Somehow someone tried to access my checking account online. They had to have had my username and maybe my password, but they couldn’t get past the security questions, so online access to my checking account was shut off. I do not know how anyone could get the information to try and log in as me, unless some kind of malware was snooping on my computer, and passed along the information. That is why I do scan of my my computer with a few different programs each week.

No, my account was not accessed, and my money is still there, thanks to my bank’s security. But this kind of stuff we all need to be aware of, and we all need to try and protect ourselves. The bad guys keep coming up with new ways to steal money from the rest of us.

It is Viglink blocking that prevents some from seeing the pictures.

Greg Elmassian said:

Yeah, I would rather block it and suffer missing a few pictures.

Bob, perhaps you can look at the link that the first post has and advise, perhaps it’s just how he made the link, or perhaps it’s something that cannot be avoided. Clearly you understand it better than I.

I’m glad I finally know why many of Joe’s posts have pictures I cannot see.

Regards, Greg

p.s. just for reference I detect these 4 things on this page:

1. AddThis

2. Google Adsense

3. OpenX

4. VigLink

Yep, those five things are all active on LSC.

1. AddThis. This allows you to post threads, comments, etc, to various social media accounts. Its currently disabled, but the script still loads.

2. Google Adsense. This is the delivery system for the generic, non-LSC created ads.

3. OpenX. This is the ad delivery system that I use to create the LSC ads.

4. VigLink. I use this sparingly to monetize a small amount of links to various retail sites (like Amazon, etc). The way it works is that if you post a link to something for sale at Amazon, lets say, it looks to see if it already is a link through an affiliate, and if its not, substitutes my affiliate link into it. It hasnt been profitable to run, and Im probably going to remove it this December.

5. Google Analytics. I use this to track traffic on the site. It allows me to graph how people interact with LSC, and how long people are on the site.

Thanks for the explanations Bob.

Now, I’m still not comprehending everything so I ask, I looked at the link that is the picture posted in the first post. It starts with viglink.com… so does this mean that he found the picture on a site that put a “wrapper” on the picture?

I could not “drill down” to find the picture without that “prefix”.

Thanks, and this is probably boring everyone else, but it’s helping me understand why I’ve got posts where I don’t see the picture and most others do.

Regards, Greg

Greg - With a little trial and error I was able to determine the original file location is http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/joerusz915/Indoor1.jpg

OK, so how did he get the wrapper for VigLink? Now that is very mysterious, could it be he is using some tool to view his freight shed that did this, or could VigLink just attach itself while he is on this site?

Greg

Joe- Amazing layout!!! Thanks for posting the picture (plus, as an added bonus, it gave all these tech guys something to talk about!). I’d love to see more pix if you got’em.

-Kevin.