Large Scale Central

AMS switches

OK, here we go again, supposedly the AMS switches are out and in stock at your favorite dealer.
Does anyone own any yet? Has anyone seen one yet? I believe these are mythical creatures and don’t think anyone will ever really see one, but you never know…

Jonathan Bliese at Electric & Steam Modelworks (link) recently wrote that he has the code 250 #6 narrow gauge ones in stock. They come equipped with a manual throw that looks pretty good in the pictures.

Here is direct link to Accucraft parts on Jonathan’s website. Scroll down the page. There’s lots of other interesting Accucraft stuff there.

Happy RRing,

Jerry

Have one on the bus should be here first of the week.
Will let you know.
Rick Marty

I just ordered 4 of them after seeing the pictures in the other post. They look like some nice switches and will look great in the rail yard. I’ll post more thoughts as soon as I get them next week. If they are what I want I will order 6 more.

I got the switches last night and they are great. Really well made and precise. The hand throws are really nicely made and pull the rail tight together in both directions. I give then an A on these.

At what price…?

They were 94 bucks plus shipping. Not a bad price for something this nice.

Doug

Thanks for the update Doug.

Good to know. Ill eventually need some more mainline switches, and thats a decent price for the quality.