Large Scale Central

amp draw

Does anyone happy to know the amp draw on a aristocraft mikado?

Bill Barnwell said:

Seems it would depend on the load ?

Rooster said:

Bill Barnwell said:

Seems it would depend on the load ?

Correct. Usually the stall current is used to determine the rating for control circuits. I don’t have the answer, but someone might. I no longer have a link to Georg S’s website (can’t spell his last name), but he had tested a number of popular locomotives. Not sure if the Mikado is on that list.

George Schreyer’s website suggests a stock Aristocraft Pacific with new modular motor block hard stalls at 4.7A and 2.5A slipping. The Pacific and Mikado use the same drivers and modular motor block, less one gearbox and axle. Current demands should be pretty close of the Mikado and Pacific.

http://www.girr.org/girr/tips/tips4/tractive_effort_tests.html

My battery powered Aristocraft Mikado pulls approximately 5A stalled and 2A or so pulling a load. That said my motor block has been stripped of skates and or power pickups, internal power routing and is direct wired from the motor to the motor control. Electrical losses have been minimized.

Michael

Thanks Michael, and trying to figure what size R/C control to get and they sell a 5 amp and 10 amp think you answer my ?, Bill