Large Scale Central

AML Track?

I tried searching, but came up empty on what I’m curious about.

I’m getting ready to purchase some more track and the AML track is quite a bit cheaper than USA Trains. I was just wondering why? Is there something with the quality of it that I should be concerned about?

Right now I have a mix of Aristo and USA Trains.

Thanks!

I laid about 100 feet of AML flex track last year. Seems quite robust and has held up well so far.

Remember that USA trains is made by another company, Kader…

AML owns it’s own injection molding plant, so they should be able to eliminate the middleman in many cases.

It’s one reason that they have the high detail in their rolling stock like USAT “ultimate series” but cost less.

Kader makes USAT, Bachmann, and (made) Aristo.

So, they can give you more for less cost.

Greg

I put down 360 feet of AML track 4 years ago and it’s still in great shape. It’s been through 4 Buffalo winters and summers. No problems. The rest of my layout is made from Aristo track. The only difference is that AML has brown ties and Aristo has black. AML was much cheaper than Aristo. Hope this helps.

-Kevin.

Thanks for the all info Joe, Greg, and Kevin! I appreciate it.

Greg, I’m new to the whole G Scale world. I’m still learning. Thanks for the added info.

If I could start all over again, my layout would contain 100% AML flex track. Now it makes up about 50% of the 360 feet of my layout, USA Trains about 45%, and a few feet of Aristo and one section of LGB make up the rest. The AML and USAT track has held up just fine. Aristo has oxidized quite badly, especially the ties, and the LGB gets gummy and requires the most elbow grease to clean.

Thanks for the input Art! I picked up my box of 20’ AML curves friday.