Large Scale Central

Again, for the Third Time

I really want the main grade to be the same or Very near the same as the poured car-port pad for a indoor train storage idea. does this help? please excuse the mess!

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/calenelson/FarmBuild/carport.jpg)

Pour a concrete wall. Has to be a lot cheaper than using blocks.
Ralph

biuld a truss?

ya know, I could build with all those spare cement blocks the FiL has laying around and then texture the outside…hummmmmmnnnnnn

or you can take a ride up my way and I can give you all the rock you need. You can also build the wall three high then build a trestle and or a high lline.

Shawn said:
or you can take a ride up my way and I can give you all the rock you need. You can also build the wall three high then build a trestle and or a high lline.
Up hear in the hills of the Northeast, it's not finding or paying for rock that's a problem. It's moving it :)

Use the cement blocks for the bottom 2 courses, and top with 2 courses of your decorative bricks… Then you could either texture the outside lower courses, or use some kind of plantings to cover it…

Cal I bet you can get a lot of block in Nashville Ill. Just make sure you get it when its dark out. LOL

Shawn said:
Cal I bet you can get a lot of block in Nashville Ill. Just make sure you get it when its dark out. LOL

Shawn… between me and 2 neighbors, we have 9 dogs(not mentioning the 4 beagles in the neighboring county, which is right nehind me)… For some reason, I do believe it would be rather noisy, even after dark… :slight_smile:

I bet Andy is a better shot that I am a runner :slight_smile:

Shawn said:
or you can take a ride up my way and I can give you all the rock you need.
Jon Radder said:
Up hear in the hills of the Northeast, it's not finding or paying for rock that's a problem. It's moving it :)
Huuummm......I'm disappointed in you Shawn considering your job title!
David Russell said:
Shawn said:
Jon Radder said:
Not in the parks, in my backyard silly rooster. I have old rock walls around my field and woods line. I must have a lifetime supply.

Shawn,
I’ll hook up my trailer and be right down.

Chas

Shawn said:
David Russell said:
Shawn said:
Jon Radder said:
Not in the parks, in my backyard silly rooster. I have old rock walls around my field and woods line. I must have a lifetime supply.
Shawn, I think he may have been referring to this sort of rock:

http://parentingteens.about.com/cs/cocainecrack/l/blsldiccocaine.htm

Lot’s of very low flying aeroplanes in Jersey!
:wink:

Any progress Cal. Ralph doesnt live to far he said he would love to help you since you lent him your railbender. LOL

I offered to help on his last layout…the invitation still stands :wink:
Ralph

We are awaiting funding approval and the final engineering stamp for the wall…thanks Ralph

Ralph can spot ya’ a loan!

David Russell said:
Ralph can spot ya' a loan!
If I see a loan.........I'll let you know :D Ralph