Large Scale Central

About the Reviews category

Just buy something, and want to tell us all what you think about it? Post your reviews here.

As an F scale (1:20.3) modeler, I’m always on the lookout for dollhouse products which may be usable for my scale. I recently ran across Laser Dollhouse Designs, 1060 New Bethel Church Rd., Dawsonville, GA 30534, [email protected] that sells dollhouses suitable for large scale train structures. I ordered their 1:24 Little Ann Victorian Cottage, $57.00, to see how it would compare with my F scale structures from Banta Modelworks. I’m happy to say that it scaled out very well. The laser cut cottage is extremely easy to assemble with tab and slot construction with working doors and front gate. Parts are quality cabinet grade Baltic birch plywood with no sanding or trimming required. Several of their other structures would make excellent Western Victorian hotels, boarding houses, residences or town square gazebos. The cottage reminded me of the Lace House in Black Hawk, CO but mine will be the office of John H. Holiday Dentistry. The only problem with a dollhouse is that it has no back, for obvious reasons. I contacted Laser Dollhouse owner, Leonard Fricke, to inquire about materials to complete the back of the cottage. In one week he designed a back for the house to accommodate my desires and now markets the complete building as “Railroad house 1:20.3 scale”. Asphalt shingles are available separately from Laser Dollhouse Design to complete the roofing. Their site is certainly worth checking out as a source for detailed large scale structures ( 1:24-1:20.3) at very reasonable prices. They have just started a line of detail parts (windows, doors, etc.) that are also useful.

Donovan M. ProftProcessing: Laser Dollhouse Designs.docx…