Large Scale Central

A visitor on the RGS

As promised, Ric arrived early today and he couldn’t have picked a more beautiful day to run trains. After a brief tour of the layout we got started. We ran 2 trains, one Eastbound Way freight and one West Bound and took a break for lunch in between.

As usual, Hesperus proved to be quite the challenge, but we managed to persevere.

Here’s Ric doing some moves in Hesperus.

I didn’t get a whole lot of pictures since we stayed pretty busy from about 11am to almost four, with and hour break for lunch.

After lunch Ric used his Hartland Railbus for the West Bound Freight. It’s always interesting to see how other people figure out how to get Car A to Siding B. And Mancos proved just as frustrating as Hesperus with 2 opposing switches.

I’ll let Ric tell you whether he had a good time or not, since he spent a LOT of time with his hand on his chin and a puzzled look on his face…:wink:

I had a great time and sorry to say this is the end of my train operations for the 2014 American Invasion. Hesperus is tough for an inexperienced crew. It needs to be approached with a plan well established, because if you pull up to the Station, you’re already taking more moves than should be required. Oh well, it was a learning experience. On the return trip< I thought I could improve my score. Nope, not going to happen in 2014. :wink:

Ken’s railroad is a real challenge.

Good lunch, Great company and we had a chance to talk about his future plans.

Always a great part of our travels.

I’m glad I’m not smart enough to design switching puzzles on my own railroad! Looks like you had a great time though. So what is this, Invasion Day 7 ???

Sure wish I could have been there. That is fun to switch.

I guess Ken sent all his wasps to Canada this year?

Bruce Chandler said:

I guess Ken sent all his wasps to Canada this year?

Even that didn’t keep Ric from getting zapped…:wink:

Jon said - “So what is this, Invasion Day 7 ???”

Yep, 10 Ops Sessions in 8 days in 2 Countries.

Bruce said - “Sure wish I could have been there. That is fun to switch.”

Yes, I wish you could have been there, also. Got the news that all went well. Great!

You guys n’ gals sure are having a great time…

You betcha. Even tried to sell some of your service and product for you, :wink: I’m sure your ears were burning.

Ric Golding said:

You betcha. Even tried to sell some of your service and product for you, :wink: I’m sure your ears were burning.

So that’s why I couldn’t sleep in Zambia… While you were selling the product, it was nine hours later for me… Just couldn’t sleep…

Thanks, Ric…

Zambia? You be careful over there.

Zambia…Isn’t that one of thro places they have Head Hunter and don’t care if you are a Garden R.R. guys or not? LoL

Ken… Very nice layout.