Large Scale Central

A new approach in resin printing

Anycubic’s Photon Ultra, still in pre-production, seems like a next cutting edge thing in desktop 3D printing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/anycubic-official/photon-ultra?ref=a7ot8l&utm_source=YG&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1_hour_last_call%20(X8NCsC)&_kx=uA5Gyduq_oxyBgeKmt7X0lTMX_O3fBIPTh584VYwzUCGqniGhac7CTSZ-tgAlZU4.TZq8vY

1 Like

Sure I finally print in color LCD. Want to upgrade to mono and now they are switching it up yet again. Another technology I won’t be able to keep up with

I havent pulled the trigger on a resin printer yet, I keep wondering exactly what I want. Now I have an excuse to wait until this one is out…

isn’t that the ongoing problem. The technology changes so fast that the minute you turn on your new machine its outdated. Other than a screen issue I think I will stick with my simple Anycubic Photon for awhile.

At least you have time to work on the NEXT excuse!

Pretty cool. Now if someone would just come up with a CAD program that doesn’t take years to master. That’s the real barrier to getting into 3D printing.

I understand Ray. It’s a steep learning curve. But I use Fusion 360 and Dan Hilyar has helped me through it and now I find it pretty easy. It seemed to click. But it certainly was frustrating at first.

I agree, things are changing a lot in this field. Within 3 months of getting my Photon S, the Mono X came out. I was bummed! But with the 3x speed and 3x build volume, and higher res, I decided to Craigslist the Photon S and get the Mono X.

This new “Ultra” has yet to come on the market, and for sure it’ll have bugs to work out. But I wanted to put out the heads up, in case someone’s about to get the Mono X. My advice there is wait a bit! Because the Ultra is 2x the speed of Mono X, and you don’t have to deal with the screen replacement worry.

BTW Devon, you can get super-thin glass protector sheets that go over the LCD screen. I got one after getting bit by the screen replacement cost (much more with the Mono X than the Photon).

All just food for thought…
:slight_smile:

1 Like