Large Scale Central

A little heavy steam history

An interesting video.

Looked like a good video and got started but after multiple red subscribe banners flashing across and covering up the background I said forget it. Once was fine in the beginning but multiple are a no go for me.

Free YouTube is becoming unwatchable. Between the forced ads at the beginning, subscription pitches interrupting the video and random ads in the middle, It’s out of control!

Yep. My feeling exactly. Same thing on the streaming services. More and more ads and longer interruptions. After my bowl games and CFP I’m cutting Hulu off like I did dish network a year ago. Getting fed up with it.

I think those banners are initiated by the video owner, obviously made possible by Youtube!

I am also getting allergic to ‘videos’ made from still photos. They are fine as a slide show replacement, but for steam engines you need ACTION.

Remember the original promise of Pay TV? No commercials. That idea didn’t last except for the high price movie channels.

I apologize for wasting your time gentlemen.

You didn’t waste my time as I actually" listened" (I know that’s rare) than instead of watching the video (yes, the banners are initiated by the video owner)!!!

…Hell I’m still trying to grasp the 182 square foot firebox!

Never heard of rosebud coal either but I seems they still thrive and in PA as well!

No commercials only FIRE and HEAVY Steam was very cool!!!

I didn’t think it was a waste of time. Thanks for posting it.

Fantastic history lesson of the giant 4-8-8-4’s / 2-8-8-4’s. Thanks!

Don’t take me wrong, I clicked on it to watch because was interesting and wanted to learn. But the second time around to subscribe by who ever the original YouTube poster, is what turned me off so I just closed it and moved on. It’s just a shame the money side of all this YouTube has gone crazy and turning people like me off so they unlimitedly get fewer analytics which result in lower payments from YouTube. But it’s a sign of the times. It’s not they guy forwarding the link, it’s the guy posting it originally.

Well, if we all paid for our internet fun, they wouldn’t have to send up ads and solicitations all the time.
Without the ads, there would be no Youtube. . .

Was my point. Trust me I own a small company and I know it takes money to keep the doors open. The problem is it’s gone too crazy. Just look at all these YouTube millionaires in their 20’s doing stupid stuff.