Large Scale Central

3D printers

Has anyone used one of the new Dremel 3D printer and what do you think about them as a starting unit

Wayne, at least for the ones I’ve seen, I think they’re way over priced and undersized for what they actually do.

But maybe I’m wrong…

Just make sure you don’t get one requiring their proprietary filament, that would continue to be a big show-stopper when all the rest of the FDM world uses a generic filament diameter on a standard spool.

My 2 cents…
Cliff

Which model are you considering?

The low end 3D20 doesn’t even have a heated bed, so PLA ONLY!, no ABS
Even the middle machine @ $1399 is PLA only.

I would stay away from these machines…

Here is a company that resells returned 3D printers from Amazon. They have both Filament and resin printers.
They are given a through checkout to make sure the printers have all the parts and works properly.
Just found this place and talked to the owner.
Never seen so many printers in one place.

www.keystoneenterprises.com

Wayne, I don’t know anything about the Dremel printers so I apologize in advance for not responding to your direct question :blush:. I would highly recommend looking at a Prusa printer. I have one that is over 5 years old and never had a minutes problem and it prints almost continually when I am around the house. Let me know if you have any questions about them.

Whichever printer you choose, get one with a heated print bed. As noted above, without it, you limit your options on filament.

Good luck on your journey.

If looking at that price get an American made machine, I have 2 makergears GREAT MACHINES, i have M2 , some times they sell refubished for around 1200, great tech help if needed. I also own a Mason, built like a tank, 1500, USA made and good tech help, print and print, and can print all the filament type material.
Dennis

If you’re into it, get it! But, otherwise wait…sheesh, this stuff changes on a daily basis and is not quite ready for the amateur. Close, though, so IF you’re interested get one NOW! Yeah, there’s