Large Scale Central

39th Natinal Narrow Gage Conv. here in Sacramento Ca.

If anyone is interested in going to the Conv.

We are on a home tour with the National Narrow Gage Conv. here in Sacramento, Ca. For some reason ( hooked/how) on a open house tours for two day with our Garden R.R. (Santa fe & Butthead Cove R.R.)

and our Ho R.R., ( Little Truckee R.R. ) on Sept 4 and 5th.

Here is the link. https://www.nngc2019.org/

So now working on the garden R.R. upgrades to hope to have it on time.

Pine trees are the worst this year on dropping needles left and right beside, the darn Squirrels dropping Pine Cones booms…

Hey Noel

I plan to be there, will be sure to visit you empire

Regards

Jerry

Thanks Jerry Bohlander Be happy to meet ya.

Just an update to locals. Both Layouts are up and building more animated items for the Garden R.R.

Got the Kite boy set in and animated Kite is working.

This one will be set in the layout tomorrow.

Del. Van

Like our Ho layout, each scene has a story.

So looking at this Veh. we came up with this for the Garden R.R…

So story goes like this…

"This Guy was out making delivery and stopped by his girl friend home. He talked her in to taking a ride. but after driving a bit and Veh. Eng. getting hot, sputtering and missing, they had to make “Emergence Stop.”

Ya…You guessed it, it’s animated and he is looking for some tools. lol.

That’s funny … Noel …

Found this page yesterday.

Layouts

We are Nbr. 18-A & 18-B on page 18 and 19. Starting today with guys on setting up all of the details and misc.

https://www.nngc2019.org/

Hope to see ya here if in our area.

Well last few day with our small train group, we have been spending a lot of time that we just keep finding small problem. Guess that what happen when you get on an open house tour. Besides having two scales open, it’s is a hassle to get bugs out .“We had our share…” One relay in Garden.R.R. besides some old wiring, Track joiner and ya one darn intercom. Had to run a extension cord to get hooked up on same buss of house due to ant. is being used by one leg of it power… But after late last night with flash lights got the last wiring fixed on a remote track switch that a tree root broke. Well. guess old saying… " Are we having fun yet???"

Hope to see ya if in the area. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

I know how you feel, when Chuck C. brought his Mallet here to run, I had to break out my chain saw to make the clearances!(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

I was at Noel’s layouts (both the HO and the garden) a little while ago and all that work paid off. Very impressive! Thanks, Noel, for a job labor of love well done!

Greg

John Caughey said:

I know how you feel, when Chuck C. brought his Mallet here to run, I had to break out my chain saw to make the clearances!(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

We hear ya. We had same thing here off and on One Batt. train guy few years ago, was talking to other people while he was running his train and not watching his train, we had open the Auto Swing bridge and signals was flashing, bells Ringling and he didn’t stop…It went in to our Koi pond. That’s about 3 foot deep. lol.

Gregory Hile said:

I was at Noel’s layouts (both the HO and the garden) a little while ago and all that work paid off. Very impressive! Thanks, Noel, for a job labor of love well done!

Greg

… Thank’s Greg… Sorry that it was so hot today and not having much time to talk with all of the people in and out.

I had Joel Harrison, Geo Nordstrom and myself trying to keep both layout running and ans. question. That was very hard to do with the size of Garden layout or areas so far apart to keep them going.

Had the computer running the Ho trains but still had to go out there. So much animation and 24/1 clock on lighting and sounds to keep checking on.

That darn Ho building was like a furnaces after 3pm. Its 8:30 pm now and still around here is 80 deg’s.

Still have one more day to go yet.

Boy… what a fantastic two days of running trains. We meet all kind of People from here in the USA, Ca. and across the big pond. We had over 60 People on Wed. the 4th. Our first day was very hot due to only open form noon till 5 pm.

Next day Thur. the 5th, We logged in 94 people and yet missed a few, plus half of them had there wife’s with them. I had Joel Harrison and Geo Nordstrom from our Train group running the Garden R.R. and I never was able to get out of the Ho Building. It was packed for the 5hr. being open on both days.

Sorry… but was not able to get any photos of the Trains or people during the open house tour but, Did a few photo of set up before only.

First day was Narrow Gage steam.

Second day was Diesels on trains. "33 car on this short train.)

Butthead Cove with R/C Tug and Barge parked on other side of Koi pond.

Even had three guys that goes to Fred Mills Invasion and run trains there a lot. They said to say Hi to Fred Mills…“We made it to Oregon & CA.” But i be darned if i an remember there names. Sorry…LoL

Noel Wilson said:

Even had three guys that goes to Fred Mills Invasion and run trains there a lot. They said to say Hi to Fred Mills…“We made it to Oregon & CA.” But i be darned if i an remember there names. Sorry…LoL

I believe one of them may have been Stu Moxley, he was headed out that way. He visited Train Mountain while they were out there. Not sure who the others were.

They were, Bill Scobie (A regular operator/dispatcher on the IPP&W), Dave Steer, and Peter Nesbitt…all members of OVAR.

Fred Mills

BTW, Noel;

It is not my “Invasion”, it is “The Invasion of Friends”, and is part of the OVGRS yearly operations. I’m just one of the people that are part of it.

Fred Mills

Fred Mills. said:

They were, Bill Scobie (A regular operator/dispatcher on the IPP&W), Dave Steer, and Peter Nesbitt…all members of OVAR.

Fred Mills

Wish i had more time to talk to them as others . Both days we were packed and I never had a chance to get out to the Ho building. Same as the Garden R.R. with lots of people there to with my Buds running it. Guess it was all of the animation on both R.R. that lots stayed longer.

Now leaving stuff out on the layout for some guys from MSG. There swing by on Sunday to see what crew needs for there video maybe in the Fall.

Anyway was a very interesting event with National Narrow Gage Conv. here in Sacramento.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Fred Mills. said:

BTW, Noel;

It is not my “Invasion”, it is “The Invasion of Friends”, and is part of the OVGRS yearly operations. I’m just one of the people that are part of it.

Fred Mills

I hear that with out you and your layout there would not be any parts !!! LoL. Keep us up on photos…

West coaster, Noel & Jane

Last Sunday John B. and Jamie W. with two others, show up to view what was need to do a fall video for the TSG Multimedia online internet U-tube.

Very nice people and nice meeting them.

Found this, but it old and not sure why it came up? Noel