Large Scale Central

2024 Spring Running - Post your pictures here

According to the TV Weatherman, this is Meteorological Spring and today’s weather in Western CT agreed with him. Great day to run an inspection train to see what problems winter has dished out.

The inspection train finds Crocuses are blooming at Northville…

A passenger train takes water at Pine Tank…

And is seen passing through Coal Dump Curve…

And finally, heading across West Es-cap-e` Bridge to the indoor…

I ran a freight after, but the pics were washed out. I found a couple of bad #6 switches at Indian Hill Junction, so they will come in for repair. West Es-cap-e` Bridge could use some touch up paint too.

Looks like a beautiful day to run trains. I envy you, it has been rain and snow here all week with some more on the way, whoopie.

Well, it’s supposed to rain 5 of the next 6 days here. Make hay while the sun shines!

Hi Jon,
I’d love to post some spring running pics, but today we are experiencing…operational difficulties. :wink: There’s actually a string of five boxcars to the right of the water tank in this pic:

Cheers,
Matt

I see the periscope of the third boxcar just behind the station house roof peaks Matt. Some people do enjoy extreme sports. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :innocent: :sunglasses:

Spring is a couple hours away, so they sent out the track cleaning train

1 Like

Sean what a great beast! Though I think this would be straight out of a Stephen King Novel. 🫣

So this is what you get when you cross a Paraguayan tapir with a flat car? And Does Korm have the prototype? IMG_8135

IMG_8136

IMG_8137

Seriously though, I love the idea. Would you walk us through the components of this fascinating build?

Here we see the blower working

Great little video Sean.
The only Spring running we have had around here so far have been the mower, weed whacker, and the truck hauling brush to the recycle/compost plant. :grinning: