Large Scale Central

2024 Mik's Build Challenge

FINAL 5 DAYS

Time to start putting in the last push…

So 3 years of MIK challenges have gotten me 3 buildings started/semi finished out of the 5 I need for my town site of Redmond.

So Dave, what’s the plan for 2025?

I’ve got a brick building, a cinder block building and an unknown car repair shop still needed to be built…

Just saying. :joy:

Or maybe you’ll throw us for a loop and get us to build something else I need in 2025.

Want my to do list so we can “start accumulating junk for next year?” :joy::grimacing:

I already know my styrene strips stash needs replenishing.

Start printing cinder blocks now just in case.

SORRY GUYS…

Down to the last 100 Hours left in Mik 2024…

Get busy to get finished…

I got 88 strips still to cut and glue on! It’s going to be a race to the finish line for sure.

Then a few more minor details and paint…

Progress will be determined by my CINCHOUSE and weekend calendar plans. At least I know we aren’t Superb Owl fans so that should free up a few hours on Sunday afternoon unlike the rest of the nation. :grimacing:

1 Like

I Built it “Mik’s Way”
(LSC Karaoke Version, with apologies to Frank Sinatra)

:musical_score:

And now the end is near
Another year, The MIK-Mas Challenge
My friends I’ll make it clear
I’ll state my case, I’ve had to scavenge.

I’ve spent a month that’s full
I’ve posted each and every weekday
But more, much more
I did it, I did it Mik’s way!

Regrets, we’ve had, a few…
Bad 3-D prints; A bleeding finger
We glued what we had to glue
We were quite slow, not Vic the sprinter

Bourbon, we did not drink
To build stuff, for our garden railway
And more, much, much more
We did it, we did it Mik’s way

Yes, there were times I’m sure you knew
When we asked ourselves, what Mik would do?
And through it all, there was much doubt
To keep it ‘round, or throw it out
Folding washing to clear the space…
And do it MIK’s way!

INTERLUDE

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not a napkin, then he has naught
To post the things that he truly feels
And wait a whole month for the Mik reveals
Let the record show I spent little dough
And did it Mik’s way!

REPRISE

For the Mueller Family Singers

2 Likes

Bill, wow, I’m in awe… you’ve got real talent! Super lyrics!

That must have taken a long time, wow again! Nice.

And… dude you seem to have a much longer leash than I do with SWMBO…

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I cant wait for Bill’s Mik Challenge album release on Spotify

Applying a phrase by Jim Rowson:

“Bill will be performing in the Lounge all week. Try the veal.”

1 Like

Bill are you a song writer in real life? These parodies your treating us too are great :sunglasses:

maybe he is a yesterday man - man - man…

Nah, just got an ear worm when the shingles were drying.

Cliff,
Like everyone here…
I’M KING OF THE CASTLE when she’s not around (cue the “man song!”) Seriously though, try the veal!

I’m pretty lucky though.

Lyrics…

Well, being new to the LSC, I was a bit reluctant to participate in the Mik. I was finding a lot of old posts that looked encouraging BUT the pictures had been lost. E.g. Ralph’s goat Mik…

…so I was thinking, maybe next year when I have got some better skills, I might possibly enter. That quote of Fred’s convinced me that I should give it a “go” and participate.

“I did it Mik’s Way” just triggered the Sinatra link, and me losing 1-2 hours daily to reading the LSC, gave me the story, and of course there is a web page that gives you words that rhyme with “challenge”, plus, gluing on shingles with Titebond 3 gives a man lots of time to think! …a lot of time to think!

Bill Harper ?
Charlie Hines?

Nobody wants to hear this, but I’ll say it anyways…

LAST 24 Hours to go…

Lets get the little bitty pieces stuck on and not have to put in an all nighter…

Looking more and more like a DNF once again for me. The progress I was hoping to make today just didn’t materialize and tomorrow looks just a doubtful. But that’s okay with me. I’m closer than I was 29 days ago on this project.

I got bored so I’m finishing up lettering this little Beasty and a bunch of little bits and pieces about the layout and rolling stoc. Don’t know when I’ll have the excuse to focus this much time again on layout stuff :crazy_face:

I think we need to have a VIC challenge. What can you build in 12 hours.

I’d need a 30 day head start and a team of 5!🦸🏻‍♂️

I’ve been imagining Vic, quietly sitting in a TV audience following the celebrity chef, up until the reveal.

Chef: Here’s one we prepared earlier.
Vic: (now standing up in the studio audience) Well, here’s one I prepared during the commercial break… and mine’s still hot. And here’s the oven I baked it in, made from bits and pieces I found around the studio.:man_cook:t3:

2 Likes

For some reason I feel like a 12 hour challenge I might actually be able to pull off. :joy: