Large Scale Central

2024 Mik's Build Challenge

Welcome aboard Bob!

Those of you that don’t follow the MIK… I believe that for as long as I can remember, for 10+years… This is Bob’s first build challenge !!!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard Bob.

I was kind of hoping the challenge would be to build something for the track since we did a building last year but that is okay. I am in of course and looking forward to it. I might already have an idea to either add on to and update the old mining facility or possibly build a whole new structure that I have been thinking about for years…? Let the planning and the inventory checking begin! :thinking:

I’m in, I think. Got lots of spots to put industries. Need to think about what exactly and how to make it quirky and interesting.

I’m in.
For now it’s a blank napkin.

Seems like it already is !

Dave,

Pursuant to Rule #3 above, if we were to start with O.D.'s long languishing elevator ( New Industry for the Triple O - A Grain Elevator ) and substantially add to the core (loading dock, crane(s), offices, etc., would we be OK? We can leave the elevator out of the final judging, of course.

If can, can; if cannot, cannot. The boys and I are already scoping out other real estate as we scour the house for materials. We are space but NEVER imagination constrained!

Eric

1 Like

Well I just started a line side business, but now Mik comes along, it Was going to be nothing special , just a hint and suggestion of a business, nothing that would even raise an eyebrow here , so probably going to pass this year.

@Eric_Mueller Yup you can can do… Can’t wait to see the napkins!

Huzzah! I’ll pass the news along to the crew!
Eric

No idea what I am gonna build but of course I’m in.

What about adding more junk to your mill?

That’s where my initial thought went too. I need to build the oar bins that drop from the bench down to the lower set of tracks. That was my initial thought.

OK I guess I have to make it official… I’m In…

2 Likes

A loading platform that “Services” Carrick Furnace Iron?

Of course with a vape shop or something in front of it since Craig’s “Hay Shed” has a pawn shop ! Yours is easier as I personally would freelance and screw prototypical especially when it comes to MIK!

1 Like

I thought about something for that area also and a loading or freight “depot” would be a great idea. And that will be on an actual siding.

Been meaning to pt in a mine on the upper level for a long while now. That time might be here.

1 Like

Devoning Inc. Tin Hat factory … :laughing:

I found a bare patch on the layout, If I can dig out some older build bits I have squirreled away I have a line side business building idea I can incorporate onto the layout, so I’m in.

Hello Guys, If its not too late count me in… Will come up with a idea soon… Been busy with work and this great fun competition slipped my mind this year…

2 Likes

I’m kicking around building a grain elevator but we don’t have much of that around here so I’m going to squint and pretend that such a structure could be used for cranberries. I’m thinking about making it a combo of old and new styles. Once I get further along in the planning I will start my own thread and post the napkin sketch.