Large Scale Central

2024 Mik's Build Challenge

Huzzah! I’ll pass the news along to the crew!
Eric

No idea what I am gonna build but of course I’m in.

What about adding more junk to your mill?

That’s where my initial thought went too. I need to build the oar bins that drop from the bench down to the lower set of tracks. That was my initial thought.

OK I guess I have to make it official… I’m In…

2 Likes

A loading platform that “Services” Carrick Furnace Iron?

Of course with a vape shop or something in front of it since Craig’s “Hay Shed” has a pawn shop ! Yours is easier as I personally would freelance and screw prototypical especially when it comes to MIK!

1 Like

I thought about something for that area also and a loading or freight “depot” would be a great idea. And that will be on an actual siding.

Been meaning to pt in a mine on the upper level for a long while now. That time might be here.

1 Like

Devoning Inc. Tin Hat factory … :laughing:

I found a bare patch on the layout, If I can dig out some older build bits I have squirreled away I have a line side business building idea I can incorporate onto the layout, so I’m in.

Hello Guys, If its not too late count me in… Will come up with a idea soon… Been busy with work and this great fun competition slipped my mind this year…

2 Likes

I’m kicking around building a grain elevator but we don’t have much of that around here so I’m going to squint and pretend that such a structure could be used for cranberries. I’m thinking about making it a combo of old and new styles. Once I get further along in the planning I will start my own thread and post the napkin sketch.

Considering they make Cran-everything juice these days I see no reason why it can’t be a Cran-grain elevator.

You’ll want a very acute angle glamour shot so that we can simulate cranning our necks looking up!

Okay, I think I have an idea for a build. Count me in! You know how sometimes when someone says “I been think’in”, then someone else says, “yes I know, I can smell the wood burning”… Well for me you would smell oil burning. I am looking for a napkin now.

2 Likes

Paper towels work too…

Good to have you join our idiotic January fun…

Towels are allowed?! So, we don’t have to provide copies?

I got 4 copies in one go, plus a Mik-Mas themed countertop with my permanent marker.

I might re-apply on one ply!

I think I am the only one who got permission to use a paper towel. You better use the napkin, or just take a picture of the counter top.

That’s not stopping the Triple O crew!

I am always entertained by the “well we didn’t have that here” excuse for not building something. While I fully appreciate prototype fidelity I prefer the “its my railroad I can do what I want” approach.