Large Scale Central

2023 Summer Running - Post your pictures here

Posted elsewhere, too, but it is in keeping with the thread…

Olomana heads a “special” on behalf of island agricultural concerns.

Eric

3 Likes

Beautiful day to run. Hope I upload my pictures right.

Steve

3 Likes

I spent some time with my youngest grandson
No clue what he saw !

3 Likes

Good post …thanks Sean !

Stating building a Trolley Line.
Time frame is around 1928 to 1935 when Horse’s, Wagon’s, Buggies & Old Veh. were running.

Second Wilsonville Town
Elk Grove, Ca.

Green River Village

Skeeders Tunnel.

Pine Hollow Jct.
End of line to Old Barn. It’s converter to a Dance Hull with lights and music.

Layout is 140 of tracks with, Trolley Nbr 1 is a open Trolley & Trolley Nbr 2 is a Closed Trolley for night runs.
All programed for Wilsonville stop for 3 min. Green River is set for stop, 28 second. And, Pine Hollow stop and retrurn is set for 2 min.

2 Likes

Great to hear from you again, and seeing progress on a new layout. If you moved, I can’t imagine what you did with all of your “stuff”!
We were on our way home from a California family picnic to New Jersey, and Noel was kind enough to let us stop and see his tremendous railroad. We can’t remember how long ago, but I would guess at least 10 years.

If anyone cares to see what the OVGRS has been doing this Summer, in pictures and video…
Simply go to the OVGRS web Page, and look for the link to “Mike’s Railroad blogs”.
You will see lots and lots of pictures, and short videos of the Guys and Gals, enjoying the OPERATION of an outdoor railroad, every Saturday morning, as weather permitted.
Find it all at: www.ovgrs.ca
Enjoy…

Good to see you posting again Noel. Is this a new house? Trolley line looks great!

1 Like

More ‘late summer’ running. My live steam B&O 0-4-0 with a pair of C&S boxcars [delivering a load of bison meat?] on the Spa Creek & McKendree.

1 Like

Since today is the last day of Summer 2023 that won’t be raining, I ran several trains and took a lot of pictures. The star of the show was a Miner’s Train, similar to what EBT now runs in excursion service. Locomotive followed by a box car followed by a string of coal hoppers followed by two coaches. In the common carrier era the end of the train would have been a single combine.

Here the train is passing the new planter I built this spring to house the plants that came from Ken’s plus a few more…

Approaching Coal Dump Curve as Scrooge McDuck looks on…

Through the curve…

Indian Hill Bridge needs some clean up and repair…

Arriving at Pine Summit…

Being too long for the wye tails, the last few cars are dropped and shoved through the wye by M-10…

Put back together and ready for the down hill run…

Westbound through Coal Dump Curve…

And headed for home…

Not photographed was M-10 handling the sweep train with 7 cars and two cabeese. Good thing it was down hill all the way!

1 Like

Ran the track cleaning local last week .

My live steam 2 cylinder Shay on Eric S’s great layout in Maine

1 Like

2 Likes

And a 1:1 just for fun

3 Likes

Yes, on another home. I just need something over here , so did a auto Trolley run. :train: I have my kids in my Rio Linda home now, and still have my Garden R.R.( S.F.& B.C.R.R.) and the Ho R.R.( Little Truckee R.R.) in a 10 X 40 ’ Office trailer. :steam_locomotive: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car:

Not really summer, but the sun was still shining in Naptown on Jerry’s Spa Creek & McKendree RR. My Regner Heisler with weathered LGB tippers, etc.

A short video too. (Sorry for the funny framing!)