Large Scale Central

2023/24 Summer Running - Post your pictures here

As a tourist line, our passengers signed up for and expect to see switching action. They may disembark for photos if desired.

1 Like

Out here on the west coast AmTrak runs on UP rails and goes in the hole anytime a freight comes along from either direction.

Didn’t the DOJ just sue NS for obstructing Amtrak? UP could be next. .

They did Pete but it’s a catch 22. It was on the Crescent route and it was down south where there are barely any passing sidings. NS owns the trackage so it’s my guess that NS will come back at the DOJ and say "Ok , gives us money to put in passing sidings ??

Short train today. J&B #4 waits at Northville. I finally got this flower bed weeded. You wouldn’t have been able to see the train last week!

I just realized I never shared these on this particular thread. So I will bring them up again for a repost into this thread working on post count only after I post twenty . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

My 4 yr old Grandson loading his friends for a train ride
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/DGOimQH0t78

1 Like

My new Pearse ‘Rio Grande’ 2-8-0 live steamer at Jerry’s SC&M.

And steaming past te vineyard, which looks like it needs pruning!

Found this tonight …it’s a bit over a year old but still stays on topic!

Your Amtrak looks great! And here I am, someone who despises diesel usually!

And your PJ’s are so… all inclusive! Not sure what the correct term is… Don’t want to offend anyone, especially you Rooster. You go, Dude!

OK, most of my pictures are shot from the lanai towards the mountains, so I thought I’d take a shot in the reverse direction.

A design element of the railroad included the ability to deliver supplies to “Hibachi Junction,” which is outside the wall of the Triple O. You can see the industrial tools of Hibachi in the lower left. Since someone mentioned beverage, barbeque, and trains in another thread, I thought I’d share their harmonious convergence here. In fact, you can see how the MOW train was placed into emergency service to help prove the point!

All too soon, someone sent the local constabulary with a sad message…

someone is lucky I share his hobby!

Happy Summer Running!

Eric