Large Scale Central

2023 NGRC Santa Clara, CA July 1-8, 2023

The 2023 NGRC kicks off the evening of June 30th with an expensive dinner on the Napa Valley Wine Train. The layout tours begin on July 1st followed by an evening BBQ…

Here is the map for the tours on July 1st showing the general locations of the open houses.

The 2023 NGRC kicks off the evening of June 30th with an expensive dinner on the Napa Valley Wine Train. The layout tours begin on July 1st followed by an evening BBQ…

Here is the map for the tours on July 2nd showing the general locations of the open houses. The first day is Sonoma County and the second day is Marin County.

Day 3 the NGRC moves down to the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara. Registration will start on Sunday in the main lobby of the hotel and continue on Monday. Monday, which historically has been a light traffic day, the layouts open will be 40 minutes or so from the hotel in Contra Costa County. We’ve had a few people drop out for health reasons since this map was made but it at least gives you an idea of the layout locations…

Please let me know if you have any questions…
Russ Miller
Chairman NGRC 2023

Looking forward to the trip there

So wish I could be there! I organized a trip to Roaring Camp when we had a family reunion years back. And I’ve been there a number of times when I was a kid.

It’s a unique railroad, in that instead of being built to take trees out, it was built to enjoy the redwoods in an old-growth forest that was purchased in the 1880’s to keep it protected. And wow, it’s one amazing ride.

Say Hi to Dixiana for me, what a gorgeous Shay.

1 Like

She’s one of my favorite locomotives, that’s for sure! Dixiana1

1 Like

The Hats have arrived! I only got a little over 150 hats in a few different colors and styles. Let me know your thoughts… Gonna sell them at $23 each since it is 2023…

Here is the Large Scale Train Show flyer that can get 2 people in for the price of one.

1 Like

July 4th the tours head up the SF Peninsula, The tours on this day include Jack Verducci’s and Richard Murray’s layouts, both running Live Steam. Both have been featured in Garden Railways Magazine… We will have our USA Trains Welcoming Reception and Fireworks viewing in the evening around the Hyatt Regency swimming pool…

July 5th the tours are split on each side of the Santa Cruz Mountains. The morning layouts are in Northern San Jose and then we head over the mountains to Santa Cruz. After visiting the layouts there… We head to Roaring Camp Railroad for the Bachmann BBQ and a ride through the redwoods.

We just signed up the California High Speed Rail Authority to display in our Exhibit Hall. They will bring their information booth and will fill us in on the progress…

As someone that grew up in the Central Valley and knows several people who have farming operations disrupted permanently by the project , I will just say welcome.

July 6 the layout tours stay close to the Santa Clara Convention Center. That way, everyone can make it back to the Exhibit Hall for the LGB Ice Cream Social followed by the opening of the expansive vendor hall.

July 7th we head South and visit some amazing Garden Railroads spread throughout the South Bay. The vendor hall is open to convention attendees from noon to 6 PM followed by a cocktail hour with live music. At 7 PM we open the doors to the Accucraft Banquet where we have some great speakers lined up.

Saturday is our Public Day at the Exhibit Hall. If you’re in the area it will be worth your while to stop by and check it out. I won’t be there because Saturday is also my Open House day…

2 layouts I’m looking forward to seeing last day , yours and Jim Rowson’s

I’ll see you there! I don’t know how hung over I will be after the Banquet though!

And so we begin! Heading up to the Rohnert Park Hampton Inn to register the early birds and to head over to enjoy the Napa Valley Wine Train!
Remember, the tours this weekend are in Sonoma and Marin Counties. Quite the drive from he Hyatt in Santa Clara… That is why we picked the Hampton Inn as a place to spend the night so you don’t have to drive as far…

Looks like a great time will be had by all. Santa Clara is a few hours outside my travel comfort zone so I will be passing. Hope photos get posted of some of the layout tours.