Large Scale Central

2023 Mik's Build Challenge

Well you should feel guilty. I am in a panic already. Having to take Xanax for the heart palpitations and anxiety paralysis

THERE ARE ONLY 7 DAYS LEFT

Time to get started

Sadly I feel this was directed at me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Feeling very much behind

Officially it’s now down to the Last Three Days!

Still plenty of time to stick on all the itty bitty pieces…

36 hours to go… still time get the fingers stuck together…

Or in Devon’s case, cut them… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Painting, painting and more painting on my project list.

Finish … in 36 hours … ain’t happenin’ this year :tired_face: Oh well, it’ll get added to my list to put on Bob’s To Do thread.

1 Like

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

By the power invested in ME, By ME,

Due to the FULL MOON tonight…

I Hear by PROCLAME…!!!

A 24 hour extension to the MIK 2023 completion deadline.

You have until 0001 hours on the 7th of FEB to complete construction on your Mik 2023 build.

Is compleat anything like complete? :joy::joy::joy::joy: I know , sitting here about the only one not stressed!

I believe you have a typo. Shouldn’t that be days instead of hours? :upside_down_face:

I know, wishful thinking, huh!

@Dave_Taylor Wouldn’t that be 0001 hours on the 7th of February? Not that it really matters, we all know what you mean :grin:

Is that because a certain someone isn’t finished yet?

NOPE! Even with the extension I will still be a DNF. It will look a bit better, but too much to do and I don’t want to mess up a good build in the end.

I realized that there were several other’s that would be able to finish with a better build in the end than just doing “something” to make the deadline.

1 Like

It’s appreciated Dave. I was not going to rush it and just be a DNF myself. But I think that one extra day will be enough.

Jeez you guys are making me feel really bad for doing another 1/35 building conversion since finishing my challenge, but it’s just foam-core and textured paper, no brainer background filler stuff. Took my final pictures yesterday, used the 1/35er buildings as background. I’ve always approached the challenge as a “do something fun but small enough to ensure I’ll finish” project.

1 Like

Vic I started the center beam lumber car thread because I ran out of ideas for my bank, so don’t feel bad

No by all means. . .please feel bad.

I second that emotion, Devon. I hope they feel really, really bad :grin:

1 Like

I do ! Too much time thinking leads to doing stuff that takes away from the build

1 Like

I am surprised how many people have not posted pictures yet of your build!come on people , let’s get the pictures in so we can admire the builds!!!

Pete, Although I came nowhere close to finishing, I do plan to post a couple photos. I just haven’t had time and today its been all liquid sunshine. Hopefully tomorrow will be dry and I can get outside for the photos. But thanks for reminding me :grin: