Large Scale Central

2015 LSC Drag & Brag

Well, there WERE a lot of rodents there that night…

Hey guys, not gonna make it after all. Aw Nuts! Have fun!

-J.D.

Well, just another great Drag and Brag! Jean and I got to the hotel and immediately checked out the Susquehanna Room. Hmm, good thing I remembered where it was, since they took down the room sign. But, not to worry, the hotel staff had set up a custom made sign nearby.

We set about making sure things were ready. Small details are important! We needed a tub of ice and some water and cups and these were quickly delivered by the hotel staff. I tried to make a sign for the door, but couldn’t get the hotel printer to work.

But, I was hopeful that the custom sign and the noise would steer attendees in the right direction.

At 4:15, it wasn’t real crowded yet, but since it wasn’t supposed to start until 5 PM, we weren’t too concerned.

Jean and Alan discuss the show.

By 530, it was still a little slow, but picking up. The bar has opened up, so the non beer or water drinkers are happier.

L-R: Cliff, Jean, Roger, Alan, Peter and Carl. (Next year, nametags would might be a neat idea.)

Later, Ric gives an official welcome.

And the crowd continued to grow. More models and more people. More beer and snacks.

I should have taken more pictures of the model, and of the people, but I was just too busy. I did get a shot of Jerry Bohlander’s nice Surry Parker Log Loader.

It ended up quite crowded, but I didn’t get a chance to talk to all the people I wanted. Maybe next year. Thanks to all the attendees for making this event the highlight of the show.

Bruce (et, all),

Who’s snow plows are in the background of your pictures? Looks like on is a CP? I don’t remember seeing a build log? Or if there even was one?

Thanks Bruce for the pics. some day i will get there. Boy Bob does not look happy.

The D&B was a blast, what a bunch of fun and friendly people. I loved seeing some master-modeling up close; the sasquatch car was a total hoot; and it was great watching the younger ones show their neat projects. I especially appreciated putting faces and personalities to names.

Thanks Bob, Bruce, Fr Fred & everyone for putting it together!

Craig Townsend said:

Bruce (et, all),

Who’s snow plows are in the background of your pictures? Looks like on is a CP? I don’t remember seeing a build log? Or if there even was one?

Craig, that is a CP snow plow, and it’s black. (Jack Thompson also brought a 1:20 version.) Anyway, the CP plow was built by Peter Eaton a member of the Vermont Garden Railway Society. I don’t think he posts here, which is too bad. He brought a neat book of pictures of his layout and it really looks nice. Fine modeling as well.

Thanks for the info Bruce. From your pictures it looks like that CP plow is thing of beauty and quite detailed.

Totally enjoyed the Drag & Brag again this year. Great to meet with my friends from the LSC crowd. Although I had nothing to contribute this year, I wondered at the modelling that was displayed. Here is a panoramic view of the scene at this year’s gathering.

Already looking forward to next year.

Doc Watson

Nice picture again, Doc. Must have been around 930 or so? Looks like the crowd was thinning out.

Another great Drag n Brag. We had a few more people than last year, by my non-scientific-method of counting people at a few points during the night, and taking a WAG at the total. I’m guessing we had maybe 100 people over the course of the night. There were 75 crammed in there at one point.

Great to see everyone again, and meet new people, too.

Drag n Brag haul 2015

(https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/10906054_10203745331701668_2683059312750632864_n.jpg?oh=a3fe670d7e4737c07482a44d9dd501be&oe=55B828F2)

There were many blue ribbons given out, in a large variety of categories, for almost every one that brought something to show. There certainly is a great amount of modeling expertise gathered that one night of the year. I always feel honored to be in the room. I saw the young man showing the details of his rail truck. I missed who he was and he had it packed away before I got around to asking him about it. I thought it was great for someone that age to show his talent amongst those old crusty men and the ladies that accompany them. I know his Dad liked the crab dip that Jane Clarke brought, but I didn’t catch their names. I think they must be involved with one of the other layouts, because I don’t think the young man has to come to the Timesaver to get track time.

I was just smacked in the arm and reminded “the Peeps” were all gone by the end of the evening.

Ric I’m shocked you even got Fr. Fred to part with some of his shekels, I didn’t think he had bought anything in decades!

Steve McKenzie said:

Ric I’m shocked you even got Fr. Fred to part with some of his shekels, I didn’t think he had bought anything in decades!

I got into that dusty old wallet of Freds as well.

Hehehe