Large Scale Central

2 Truck Shay - Identify Part

The red arrow below is pointing to what I believe is some type of steam driven pump. Can someone confirm this and if so does anyone have any additional information about how it operates or any drawings, better photos, etc. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I’m asking because I have been looking for photos or drawings of a steam powered water pump to us on a fire fighting car I am contemplating building.


What you are pointimg to is a Trackside detail part # TD 182 it is a water pump that I use on all of my shays and other logging Loco and also on a fire tank car

Thanks for the information, Wayne. That’s what I needed.