Large Scale Central

1:29 scale Pippin

Although it is not nearly as high of detail as my actual 3D sculpt, it still is pretty good. I printed it out in the Frosted Ultra Detail material which is transparent, so I had to prime it in order to take this image. No doubt some of the primer hid the detail also.

One with him leaning on his right elbow, looking out the window would be good for a steam engineer.

I guess this a 3-D print, right? I bet you can reverse these digital files left to right too, can’t you, Richard?, giving us a fireman inspecting the scenery… And resize them as well, of course? It all seems very promising. You could become a rich man … !

I have made carloads of figures out of a variety of materials myself… :slight_smile:

Not into doing it on a professional level, though, as I believe you are, or at least giving it a try, and I wish you every success with it all - I find what you’re doing with these figures quite fascinating…

And you’re a pretty darn good sculptor, too! Keep reporting!

A suggestion - I think there might be more feedback from the other guys here if posts about your work were all in one thread with a more general headline than this one has, like maybe ‘Kapuaala’s Figures’.

Just a thought, new threads are always short, naturally, with only the first post, and so only one mention on the homepage, which can easily get missed. Althought I’m a pretty frequent poster here, I just happened to visit that homepage today , which happens very seldom, BTW. By coincidence Jerry’s post happened to be one of the ones on the short list, and I clicked on it, which got me here… Many won’t see it or click on the first mention, and that’s the end of it…

This makes for few people to catch on to new threads, and many will neglect to subscribe by habit.

Whereas if a few months ago some of us subscribed to an earlier post, then we’d receive any new ones from the originator AND comments from others posted in the same place.

Every time there’s a response from another member, every subscriber hears about it, and a notice goes to the short list, so the thread gets a new lease on life… For what it’s worth. :cool:

Richard, it’s not clear to me what your deal is with 1:29 figures. Are you still offering them as 3-d prints/ I could not find them on your website

John Good tips, I’ll try to remember them.
Mike, email me on my site. I had problems with the 3D printers namely their quality was inconsistent and sometimes it would take a total of 30 days to get a good print to people. I could not justify charging 30 bucks for a small figure like that if the quality was not there.
I’m trying to get my own 3D printer so I can control the price and time better, but the type I need costs 2400 k and me being out of work and all I can’t dip into my savings for one.
I put these videos up on youtube
http://youtu.be/PWiK63R2l_I
and
http://youtu.be/qIRw2r9l1WA
I’ve monitized them and I am hoping they will go viral so the ad revenue can be used on the printer, but so far no luck :frowning: