Large Scale Central

1:24 scale Diecast 1949 Bedford OB Vista Coach

By Sun Star Features: Opening Hood, doors (2), roof(sliding) interior seats, luggage racks, Right Side Driver (UK style) Although I ideally desired a White Bus as used in the Natl Parks, the Bedford afforded a look close enough for my purposes. I selected the green Bedford #5007

The paint is crisp with no runs or streaks, The roof and doors open smoothly,The front wheels turn smoothly. There is one sideview mirror for the right side which is included on the base of the foam packing insert.

From the front or rear this could pass as of US manufacture (except for the LONDON destination) From the side less so. This is a hefty well executed reproduction, It should be a nice addition outside a station, or elsewhere on a layout. I’m satisfied!

Available from www.DiecastmodelsWholesale.com amazon, and ebay.

A great reproduction. I’m adding one to my layout, just cause they’re neat, although not real Jammers. If you haven’t experienced riding one of the real ones, put it on your bucket list, great fun. They’re nick-named “Jammers”, because the drivers used to have to “jam” them into their gears going up and down the steep hills in the park(s).
Oops, those buses aren’t the White Jammer Buses, but they are close. Most of the Jammers had/have fabricate tops. Most all have been completely restored to their original condition. Would actually be a great model addition.

Bedford OWB Coach

Ths one drives around our part of East Anglia, and I’m still trying to figure out how I managed to post it here.

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS

Looks just like the die-cast-even the shade of green… Are these still in “normal” use? As I don’t have a clue where East Anglia is, is this something my daughter would of seen or ridden while attending the Univ of Sussex?

She could have Phil. Those companies keep their equipment running for years. Now even more so for visitor interest. We’re going to be in the UK this Fall and will look for them. I’ll keep you posted. Nice photo tac!

That you be great-thanks!

(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Anglo-Saxon_village_at_West_Stow_-geograph.org.uk-_40260.jpg)…and

and here we are in front of our house in the village, just a’waitin’ the weekly bus with all the news and gossip from around sunny East Anglia.

Seems that we might be getting our own well sometime this year! So they say. Tongue out

Meanwhile, back in reality,

NO - this is not a regular service vehicle.

NO - it does not ply the lanes and furrows of East Anglia in a daily basis picking up the peasants for market.

NO - it is not part of a fleet of identically 70-year-old buses kept in service because after some of the Yanks left back in 1945 the locals got to use them.

It IS part of a historic legacy collection of VINTAGE passenger buses - about seven or eight hundred - that ARE used all over the UK for

1. Movie work.

2. Vintage vehicle hire - weddings, birthday parties, Forties Weekends, re-enactments and so on.

3. Reference material for sundry museums and working groups bringing these old vehicles back in working order, that is to say, historic preservation.

And for further information on THIS bus, please look up Dews Motor Coaches on the website.

You guys really crack me up sometimes, you really do. I guess it’s from watching way too much of either Dick van Dyke or Monty Python.

I’ll have you know that quite a few of us in our village actually electricity in one form or another, or else I wouldn’t hardly be posting this message, right? AND glass in the windows, too.

AND motor carriages of our very own, although I guess that’s hard to comprehend for you guys, right?

And BTW, East Anglia is the region of the British mainland that sticks out to the right when you look at the map. It includes -

1. Norfolk - the territory of the Northern Folk

2. Suffolk - the territory of the Southern Folk, including the Iceni [Boudicca/Boadicia was the queen of the Iceni]

3. Essex - Formerly called Aesterne Saetan - the territory of the Eastern Folk, and

4. Cambridgeshire - the shire whose centre is the River Cam.

As soon as the Romans had gone, the place was invaded from continental Europe, by the Angles, the Saxons and the Jutes. That is why England is called ANGELLAND.

Do some reading, 'kay?

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS

tac Foley said:

Bedford OWB Coach

Ths one drives around our part of East Anglia, and I’m still trying to figure out how I managed to post it here.

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS

Gee! when my ancestor’s emigrated to Plymouth- you guys didn’t have any of that stuffWink Thanks for the education…

Hmmm. Seems that I can cut and paste images from google straight here, but not my own.

V. odd.

tac

Hey, don’t look at ME. My dad’s family were scrabbling for praties in Co. Cork, and my mom’s family, well, suffice it to say that they had an occupation-type name, and they looked after apples in Bedford county, England, and that the earliest I can find of a mention of them goes back to 1528.

tac

PS - I lied - we ALL have glass in the windows AND electricity, too.

PPS - this is our local church - got anything like this where YOU live? [With thanks to Hamish Fenton].

(https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7451/13082559934_1bcef1e0a1_b.jpg)

Don’t let tac fool ya, here’s where he actually lives:

Darn it, Ken, now you’ve given the game away… You are now down to just ONE chocolate orange.

That’s what being a tattle-tale does for ya.

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS

Wink

The ancestral home,

Wow, that’s bigger than the village we live in!

tac

Of course I suppose we also have one in Sicily, (Anastasia) Engand,( Shields) Ireland,(Murphy) and Holland(Slingerland),as well as another on this side of pond which was where the Brooklyn Bridge now sits.(James Street if memory serves me) - Isn’t history fun…

And you still have all these places. You must be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO rich.

tac, certifed pauper and generally poor person.

Well, since we no longer pay tax on tea…Wink

Since I’m only 1/4th Brit, 3/4ths of your xenophobic jibe went sailing way over my bald old head.

tac