Large Scale Central

John Caughey 1950-2020

John, his body overwhelmed by cancer, but not his spirit, died August 26th in the care of his family in Tucson.

So sad to hear of John’s passing. Rest in peace, my Friend. You will be missed.

Thanks for letting us know John. I will miss his interesting posts. The last contact I had with him was just a few weeks before he passed when I sent him some parts for a project he wanted to start. Sadly, he probably never even got started. He put up a good fight.

RIP John.

So sad to hear, I will miss his sharp obsevations and wit. RIP John.

end of line at age 70 is not exactly a premature death. but i’ll miss his posts.

in a way, he was similar to MIK. maintaining a layout with the things, that were avayable.

John;

Thank you for letting us know. You and I had both started threads expressing concern about John C. I regret that he is gone, but am thankful to know what happened. John Caughey was active on two large scale forums, and his experience as a jeweler allowed him to suggest many helpful techniques the rest of us may never have considered.

RIP John. I will remember you as a man who always seemed to make the best of his situation.

Sincerely, David Meashey

RIP John, a great Modeler, with great Witt.

John will be missed

Dennis

A giant loss for us all. Condolences to his family. We’ll miss you, John!

Aw man. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif)To me he was definitely one of the people who made here, here.

We’ve got the MIK challenge in Jan/Feb, guess we need the new John challenge in August/Sept.

One of those guys that always seemed up beat and happy despite what he was going through.

I am very saddened to hear of John’s passing. My condolences to John’s family and friends.

-Ted

John,

Thank you for letting us know. John had a way of making me feel I’d known him for years and in person. His absence on these pages will be felt out here in the middle of the pond…

Eric

RIP!

Dam …RIP

As with all the above, he will be missed. His outlook was unique and his vision wide truly a never met friend. RIP John and condolences to his family.

Dang, was hoping for a better outcome. RIP John.

Always enjoyed his posts ! My condolences to the family!

Never good to hear of the passing of fellow railroaders> Even if we never meet or speak they become a kind of colleague.

RIP John +++

Condolences to his family. John was a big part of the LSC gang.

RIP John… Condolences to his family and friends…