Large Scale Central

How to stretch Bachmann J&S passenger coaches

Does anyone know if a how to on stretching Bachmann passenger coaches has ever been posted here? I have seen a few pictures of some cars, but have never seen any articles written about it. Thanks

I have stretched them in the past but never posted a how to. Unfortunately they scaled out small for my RR and I decided to switch to stretching Sierra passenger cars and sold off the Bachmann ones. The only thing I have left to show them is a video.

But I do have pics of the stretched Sierra cars.

Let me know if you need more info.

Couldn’t get the video to post. Let me try again.

Oops sorry just reread the OP’s post and my answer was useless.

Hi Dave,

I actually have 3 stretched Bachmann coaches and 1 Sierra combine if you’re interested.

The combine is as-is in Maine Central green, the three coaches are painted in Boston and Maine red like the Aristo heavyweight in the right side of the picture.

Yea, I am interested in stretching a few of mine too.

Edit:because I can

Dennis Tetreault said:

It sure worked for me that time. How’d ya do that??? I’ve been failing at it for months. I can embed from Vimeo or Youtube, but not a generic stream like that one.

David Brambley said:

Does anyone know if a how to on stretching Bachmann passenger coaches has ever been posted here? I have seen a few pictures of some cars, but have never seen any articles written about it. Thanks

Yes …CVRR Combination car

David…most of the pictures are now gone because the thread is fairly old but here is the thread…http://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/15826/cvrr-combination-car-kitbash-attempt?page=1

Dennis Tetreault said:

Worked for me

No idea how I did it Jon. I just used the insert video button and pasted the address from photobucket.

A few early pics before finishing/painting.

Daktah John said:

Dennis Tetreault said:

It sure worked for me that time. How’d ya do that??? I’ve been failing at it for months. I can embed from Vimeo or Youtube, but not a generic stream like that one.

Stop over thinking John !

I have issues with that myself

Womens work!

Aren’t they Sierra Cars DT?

Very nice car Rooz. Is that modeled after a real prototype or your own creation? I dig that 2-0-2? too!

David Russell said:

That is a unique idea. What would one call this. . . its a combine with a wrap around porch.

Nice job, guys. I have been too scared to stretch a Bachmann car, but I did kit bash a diner on an original chassis. Turned out pretty good, IMHO. This is a bash of a coach and a combine.

Devon Sinsley said:

That is a unique idea. What would one call this. . . its a combine with a wrap around porch.

I am envious of the skill and patience you kitbashers have. The results of your work is incredible.