Large Scale Central

Windows 10 and computer "hygiene"

1.Who said my computers were home-built machines? I have only 2 home built machines out of 14. (and they use the same processors the other ones have)

2.The computer page is just the introduction in general, apparently in your haste to be upset you failed to read the Windows 10 specific page (or the windows 8 page, or the windows 7 page or the XP page) There is clear text to check for subpages at the top of every page and on the home page…

3. dude, in this area, I am an expert, been earning a living since 1969 in computers and have run every operating system made by microsoft and have been beta tester for them. Do you have a degree in computer science to judge me?

YES I AM DAMN SORRY I TRIED TO HELP ANYONE NOW, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN

p.s. other hobbies is other than trains, is there some special rule that everyone else can post other than trains in other hobbies and I cannot?

Dan Gilchrist said:

Greg,

You Sir, Have rubbed me the wrong way.

I do not want to go back and forth about CCleaner. I downloaded the product yesterday and installed it and my experience was that I did not have an option to opt out of the Avast install.

If you are truly looking to help folks with Windows 10 issues:

1. Stop citing your personal experiences with your home-built machines. That is akin to someone to giving advice about growing things in Zone 9 to folks in Zone 5.

2. Please do not link to your page “Computer Stuff” as it is NOT helpful in regards to Windows 10. It’s full of outdated info more suited to someone running windows XP. Do you really still do that weekly regimen on your 14 windows machines? Must take the whole dang weekend especially with those Atom processors!

3. Who do you think you are? I know you said it’s a hobby but the verbiage was more like - I’m Greg, I have 14 windows machines in my home, I installed the newest windows update on some of them and so now I’m an expert.

BTW: This is not a hobby for me. I lead a back-line support team for a multi-billion dollar financial institution. Over 4000 Windows machines. All but about 200 have Win10 and 0 have CCleaner installed. How many have been affected by Malware, Spyware and the like? zero - because (Like Adam) we have a good firewall and educate user to not open questionable e-mails.

I see the “Other Hobbies” forum as one to be used for showing off interesting projects. Not PC advice.

Can we go back to talking about trains now?

Thanks,
-Dan