Large Scale Central

Some updated info on 2017 Revolution equipment

Tom this is a quote from Dave Bodner "Please make sure that you DO NOT use the programmer with older Crest transmitters or receivers that you may have. While the update may appear to work the transmitter will be rendered inoperable after programming.
You can probably guess why I know this?"

Richard

If you look at the Revo web site, you will see that they have posted a patch file to use with the Crest onboard receivers.

This is from their site under Support. The patch file is dated 1/19/2017.

12/30/2016 12:48 AM

Crest™ products upgrade

TX:
Silicone rubber keypad TX can be upgraded.
Do not upgrade the plastic keypad transmitter manufactured earlier.

On Board RX:
OnBoard Crest Patch file
Please program with the patch file(OnBoardCrestPatch1.zip) first and then reprogram the desired file.
We are not responsible for any problems arising from the reprogram of Crest™ products.

I wanted to know if anyone has tried it yet. This was posted after Dave,s comments.

Tom

Are there newer threads on this topic? I have reprogrammed onboard receivers with crest patch then new sound. That works well. Where are all the Base receiver files ?

Is it bad to put onboard crest patch and onboard sound file on a Base receiver with sound capability ?

I looked on Greg’s site not finding Revo Programming info will keep looking.

Thanks in advance folks

Nick

Is it bad to put onboard crest patch and onboard sound file on a Base receiver with sound capability

Good question call revolution and ask 201-221-6766 let us know what you find out.

Richard