Large Scale Central

My health update.

Jon Radder said:

You are a better man than me Gunga Din. I probably would have given up hope a year ago with all you have been through. Best of luck solving the wound infections. Maybe you should watch “We are Spinal Tap” to lighten your mood.

Jon,

This has been a far tougher emotional battle than the physical one. The body is pretty amazing considering how many surgeries I have had in a year and how well I heal up in time to do it again. Now the infection thing is alarming but that maybe because I have spare parts. But the mental game, thats another story, I am not as stoic as I might seem. I am man enough to admit this has brought me to tears a few times. But what do you do? Its not like anyone has asked me if I have had enough. No one is asking me to say “uncle”. and there is no ref to see me tap out. I have one choice, keep going. What alternative is there. I want to give up. I want to quit. I am pretty damn defeated. But that just isn’t realistic. I have to work. I have to be a husband. I have to be a dad. It does me no good to run down the street naked with my hands in the air yelling “f*** it”. So I go on. And I try not to whine to much about it. But it is nice to share it and have people like you all at least being my cheerleaders. That helps the mental game.

Wow Devon , sorry to hear all that you are going through . Connie and I are praying for you to pull through quickly.

Cheerleader, comic relief , poke you with a stick, keep saying I told you so!!, we if nothing else we are here for you and to give moral support(good bad indifferent) we actually no one has been indifferent, but we all want you to get better, and we pretty much want you to go out and show us how strong, how resilient you are, for we are all gaining strength through you and you head up attitude.

Mid the time comes to run down the street naked yelling F it I have had enough, please make sure all surveillance cameras are off cuz we don’t wanna see that !! You are top of the list Every night in our prayers Buddy !!!

Dev,

You are a strong guy. You bring a tear to my eyes, bud. I think of you a lot! I don’t think I could go through what you are going through and keep as chipper as you are. More power to you. I hope this is over soon. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif)

Devon, I can’t begin to imagine what you are going through both physically and more so mentally. I know for the most part the physical pain can be managed to a point that its at least tolerable, but there are few remedies for the mental issues. Recognizing the need to continue to be a good husband and father tells me you have your priorities in the right place and that takes character, most folks in your situation would be all about themselves. My hat’s off to you for that. The only advice I can give you is something my Dad has always told me when things get rough in life and that is “time heals all”. We’re rootin’ for ya, buddy.

Wow, so sorry to hear this, but Jim had a great idea to use discarded body parts (artificial or otherwise) for next year’s mik challenge. Pretty sure I have a kidney stone around here someplace, as well as an old stent, that could be used for something.

Seriously, though, as you know both my daughter and I have been through the same issues and both of us needed a second surgery to clean things up. Both of us quickly recovered after that and I pray you do, too.

I know this is not a competition, but my wife is having Deep Brain Stimulation surgery March 5 to control tremors. Both of us have been tempted to run down the street naked shouting “F it” but we ultimately decided against it, (1) because we live in California no one would have noticed, (2) it’s cold outside!

Hang in there, my friend …

I have run naked down the street yelling “f it” (remember streaking in the mid 70’s?)

Very therapeutic and recommended.

Greg

Hey, I had to refer to that book often, at sea, especially the brain surgery chapter. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Steve Featherkile said:

Hey, I had to refer to that book often, at sea, especially the brain surgery chapter. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

I suspect you needed the OTHER book…

But I’m probably not the right person to ask as I’m still working on this one:

With another one lined up behind that one:

And, we ARE still “thinking” of you Devon.

, (1) because we live in California no one would have noticed, (2) it’s cold outside!

I got a kick out of that

Hey “neurosurgery for dummies” I now know what to get my first surgeon for Christmas

Devon,

Good luck with the addadictome surgery.

Devon, don’t sell yourself short you are showing amazing fortitude and resilience under duress!!!

" Rooster " said:

Devon,

David

That was totally uncalled for. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

Greg Elmassian said: (remember streaking in the mid 70’s?)

I’m glad no one had cell phones back then … There would of been some good shots of me … Image result for flash

Joe Zullo said:

" Rooster " said:

Devon,

David

That was totally uncalled for. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif)

Joe,

Its rooster. If he were to suddenly become politically correct then I would be offended.

Devon Sinsley said:

Joe Zullo said:

" Rooster " said:

Devon,

David

Joe,

Its rooster. If he were to suddenly become politically correct then I would be offended.

Dev,

I understand where you are coming from, so I stand offended for you. It was uncalled for and he needs to be told so.

You have become protective of me Joe, and it is highly appreciative. Thank you for caring as you do.

Here’s to praying and hoping the next two days bring some results. I see a general surgeon for a consultation about fixing the gut “infection” issue and Friday I go in for a large volume spinal tap to try and bring some temporary relief for the pressure.

Good luck Devon!