Large Scale Central

My elevated layout build.

Looking good Jerry.

An easy way to post pictures here is to use the ones you post on Facebook.

Just right click the picture on FB, select Copy Image Location

Then paste it here under Source on the Insert/Edit image icon for your reply.

This looks to be a good bit larger than your last layout!

Yeah, seemed to work out that way, I think the track on the blocks will be about 150’, had about 130’ before. I do my pix that way anymore, with a Mac you hold down the control key then click on the image with the cursor and a window pops up to use.

Good start Jerry. Jeeze, what we’ll go through to run our trains, huh?

Almost like a real railroad?

Well your way ahead of me Jerry. Still in the planning stage plus need dirt down and I mean down in the back yard to fill in decayed tree stumps. Once that is done I can begin. Also need to start removing my 5 track enclosed storage yard and move to lower back yard where new RR will be. Later RJD

Looking great Jerry!

Thanks Rooster, keep at it RJ!

Rain continues to fall here, so pretty muddy. Was a break the other day and I got a pickup load of gravel for a path around it. Path does not look like much but it took a lot of trips with my trailer/lawnmower and many shovelfuls. I was pretty beat, but did recover. Finally no rain is forecast(did rain this morning) and be hot/dry/windy so maybe I can get more done on the layout. Plants I got in the spring are fading out on me, need to be in some real dirt.

Thanks Jerry. Just need some cool days now and wait couple of weeks till my eye surgery heals up enough to let me lift and bend over. Later RJD

I came by and saw this post the other day and forgot to comment on just how great it looks already! Congrats Jerry, that’s looking great. The old RR looked great too. I like the idea of raising it up and always love to see train bridges in use!

I’ve been planting some and mulched the north end island. Picked up another load of gravel to cover the crushed concrete in the ‘canyon’ to match the small pathway around the layout. South island still needs some leveling to put in the town and yard. Probably get going on the track on the north end, since it’s pretty well basically done. No buildings for awhile. I want to run trains!

My son helped me on the dirt, then mulch on the south end. We were both pretty wet with sweat at the end. I was still beat the next day. Starting to lay track now, but of course it is raining. Was a drought when we moved here to KS, (Not KN) but has been raining ever since I started working on the railroad. Off and on stuff all week I guess. Sigh…Track will be on top of the blocks.

Looking good Jerry

Love it!

Well one thing its up high enough so no wash outs or flooded. Later RJD

Jerry, glad to see you are getting your new railroad put together. Nothing worse than being “railroad less”!!!

I hope you get a chance some day to model that really cool water tower you got there:

Cool video John, it is neat, but not for my era of railroad. Need a drone to fly over my railroad when I get done. Put some buildings out today, still need to run wiring to them. Maybe the rain has finally stopped!

Neat term there Bill.

Track is about done on the main loop on top of the blocks. Now it is raining again!