Large Scale Central

Miks 2019 Build Vic Smith

Shoot things are going alot faster than I expected. At this rate I could be finished by next weekend. Windows and doors added. Added exhaust pipes and intakes, be in tomorrow’s pics.

Your killing us with this “pics tomorrow” stuff!

Well Jim, talk to Bob. I can’t load to my album from my phone, which I use for all my pics nowadays. So I need access to a desktop/laptop. I email my pics to myself, download and resize them then upload to my album. So …tomorrow.

BTW I do have a laptop, but I haven’t opened it in a long time, I do almost everything on my phone these days. I am afraid to open it, due to my wife’s laptop getting the last update from Microshaft and it killed her OS, and she had to have everything reloaded, major major PITA.

Yeah, I knew about that. Sorry for the hassle. I do a similar thing to post my photos. But I had to tweak you. I had to!

No problem Jim, the rate I’m going i might have to add a trailing car with Porky’s Toots on board.

Pics as promised, covering added and doped, fin and headlight housing added

Adding details, exhaust pipes came out particularly nice

More pics, added body details like doors, windows, air intakes and other details. As I said it would be my own interpretation.

The “windows” will be gloss black and the body silver rattlecan. Coming along nicely.

Coming along nicely

I’m gonna say it. It warrants it. Holy shit Vic!!! It reminds me of something and its killing me as to what it is, I can’t place a figure on what it is reminding me of.

Costs to date, 2 sheets of model airplane tissue covering $3 = $6, only used one. Bottle of tissue glue/dope, $8. Wiring $3, had to go out and buy a pack of the styrene tubes I used for the exhaust pipes, my supply came up one pipe short so thats an another $4. So $19 in so far. The costs are associated with me changing direction with the covering, something I hadn’t anticipated and otherwise finding my supply box wasn’t as well supplied as I thought.

Figured it out. It was reminding me of the Nautilus

Devon Sinsley said:

I’m gonna say it. It warrants it. Holy **** Vic!!! It reminds me of something and its killing me as to what it is, I can’t place a figure on what it is reminding me of.

Perhaps?

and yes, it was intentional (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Vic phone doesn’t give you a true pic.

This is what it looks like with a normal camera

Image result for Nautilus 20000 Leagues Under the Sea…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Vic, you’re just like Devon, you guys need to go play with the big kids, Great build

Extremely cool, Vic. Thanks for the pics!

Bill Barnwell said:

Vic, you’re just like Devon, you guys need to go play with the big kids, Great build

Vic is one of my inspirations/mentors (though he may not even know it), he does what no other man can do. Make G scale RRs operate on layouts so small N scale guys cringe. I mean he is making the Hindenburg and the fact that it will run on the pizza is just incredible.

No progress today, went to the train show in Ventura instead, was expecting no G stuff but got a bunch of G second hand for insanely low prices, including a big Pola church. Got home wife wanted to go to local Salvation Army only to find a prestine condition Bmann Blue Comet passenger car, don’t know what happened to the rest of the set but I grabbed it for a sawbuck.

Tommorow morning gonna hit the Silver Fish with grey primer then silver late afternoon if have time.

Do scales!

Got lace?

Cool project Vic

Way, way, way cool…Also, I am envious not only of your hard earned skills but access to train shows and Salvation Army stores with G-scale stuff!

Awesome!!!