Large Scale Central

Installing led lights in Aristo Streamliners

Rich, there are other ways to lower the Streamliner cars.

For more info., see “My Chosen Method” in article hosted for me by Greg E. on his Web site, title: "Aristo Streamliners - Lowering & Body Mounting Kadee 907 Centerset Couplers

-Ted

Thanks Ted. I’ve bookmarked the site for future reference. Sounds like a winter project!

Now that you have lights you need seats.

…and passengers! (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Yea, empty interiors look kind of, well, empty.

Rich Niemeyer said:
Thanks Rooster. I tried to slide the bottoms out of the upper body, but they wouldn’t budge. David suggested I also do that to make installing the new led strips easier. But to no avail. They simply wouldn’t move. I’ve completed three of the four with windows, and they look great. The fifth is a baggage car I need to examine closely to see if adding leds would make any difference. Not sure there is any openings for light to be visible. I like the idea of lowering the cars, but as David points out, the undercarriage items of my cars (about 1999 vintage), are already low and dropping them lower could be problematic. I suppose I could remove the stuff and cut them down some, but the problem is still trying to remove the bottoms again. I’m working on the lounge car now and will try to pull the bottom, but I doubt it will. The bigger problem will be to figure out how to illuminate the side markers and end light with the leds. Any ideas?

clear plastic rod run from the LED to the side markers will work, think fiber optics. I made LED circuits with individual LEDs for each light. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Thanks. Actually, I managed to get them to illuminate by extending the light ribbon to the very end of the car. The exterior lights look good. Some of the comments made on this thread have encouraged removing the green frosted windows and installing seats and people. But I really light the frosted green look I think. I’ll keep them as they are. However, I’m starting on my heavyweights as soon as I get the warm white leds from the supplier, AND I do plan to install people in them. I think they will look good based what I’ve seen posted here. Just gotta find or make seated people

The USA Trains people are liked by many and in pretty good scale.

Greg

Thanks Greg, I’ll look into them.